UKC

Advice for climbing trip in Asturias, Northern Spain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlclimber 03 May 2016
Hi there,

I'm planning a trip to Asturias in Northern Spain in a few weeks' time and was wondering if someone who had been there can give me some advice on the approaches to the crags?

My climbing partner has recently sustained injuries to his feet and is still recovering, so he can't do really long walk-ins. By the description of the crag on UKC (http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=7151) it seems like it's pretty easily accessible, but always worth checking.

Thanks!
 conorcussell 03 May 2016
In reply to girlclimber:

Nowhere I climbed at had long walk ins, though some of the ones at Quiros involve some steep scree walking so might not work too well for your partner.

All of the Teverga crags are easily accessible on fairly flat paths, Bovedas was a little further but still under 30 minutes and nothing too rough. The Quiros crags aren't far to walk, but the approaches are a little steeper, and some do have some steep scree to get to bottom of as mentioned. Valverdin - Pedrosa over near Leon is a minute or so from the road.

I'm sure if you drop Richie a message he'll have plenty of advice! https://www.facebook.com/RocaVerdeClimbing
OP girlclimber 03 May 2016
In reply to conorcussell:

Thank you so much for your advice, that sounds perfect! I don't think he minds a bit of scree as long as it's a short approach, as I think distances are more of a problem. That's very useful though, thank you very much! And I will drop Richie a line as well, any information is useful. Really excited about checking this place out, it looks amazing!!
 Ross Remnant 06 May 2016
In reply to girlclimber:

I have just got back from an excellent week in the area. There is lots of easily accessible climbing on great rock.
Through Teverga there is a cycle track that runs below many crags, and in Quiros there is a good path to within 100 metres of the base of several sectors.
I believe that Roca Verde are doing a second updated version of their guide, which is currently with the printers.
I agree with the other poster, Richie is a fountain of knowledge for the area, from what the crags are like, to the best places to eat.

Ross

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...