UKC

Ldwa100

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wainers44 20 May 2016
Ok not strictly a running event, but some run parts.

Only a week to go now, this years being held in lovely Dorset ("Doorseet" I think).

I have gone for the later "runners" start this year (gulp), so that should be interesting.

Anyway should be fun! I have allotted the normal 24 hours recovery time and then back to work on Tuesday, then off to the Lakes on Wednesday. What can possibly go wrong!

Any other takers on here this year?
 DancingOnRock 20 May 2016
In reply to Wainers44:

Not for me. It's a bit too far. They're superb events. I've done the South Downs Marathon a couple of times and have nothing but praise for the hands off, you're a grown up, see you at the checkpoints approach that I love.

Have a great time.
Moley 20 May 2016
In reply to Wainers44:

Good luck, I shan't be there this year, the south Wales monsoon 100 experience was enough to last me a few years!
Fingers crossed for weather and great culinary delights on the route - lack of food is never a problem as you know - eat your way round and enjoy it, great event.
 greg_may_ 20 May 2016
In reply to Wainers44:

I've done some other LDWA events - excellent Audax feel to them - simplicity at its best.
OP Wainers44 20 May 2016
In reply to Moley:

> Fingers crossed for weather and great culinary delights on the route - lack of food is never a problem as you know - eat your way round and enjoy it, great event.

Yes that's the plan, eat eat eat!! I nearly forget to do this again last year in Lancashire, and had a real wobble at the end.

Dry weather would be good. In the few miles I ran last weekend I got pretty wet feet, and it hadn't rained for days.
Moley 29 May 2016
In reply to Wainers44:

Sunday lunchtime and I'm off to the pub for beer (in the sun) and you are probably still slogging it out on the last hard miles. Thinking of you and hope it goes well - let us know.
 Brass Nipples 29 May 2016
In reply to Wainers44:

Good stuff, the first of many and longer events as well I hope.

OP Wainers44 30 May 2016
In reply to Moley:

All done

Every year I think "why on earth am I doing this again?!", but they are so well organised, and despite all the pain, just so rewarding.

The weather was pretty good, but hot both days! That really took it out of me on Saturday, and I just felt too sick to eat. Managed to get breakfast down ok though at about 65 miles, and Sunday was so much better. I managed to run a fair bit at first, but as it got hotter and hotter I slowed right down. In the end 35 1/2 hours, so not as fast as I was hoping for but ah well, gives me a target for next year......

Moley 30 May 2016
In reply to Wainers44:

Well done, a good day out in the sun, mission accomplished can't take it away.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...