UKC

Finger Injury - Advice welcome

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 23 May 2016
I am a fifteen year old Boulderer operating roughly in the V6/7 range. Whilst working on a farm 2 months ago i sustained a heavy blow on my hand i rested for a week and then, experiencing very little pain, continued climbing at a low grade, this flared the injury up and i noticed that the pain was centralized on the lower knuckle of my left middle finger. After this i rested for a fortnight and attempted climbing again, the pain was fairly bad and so i have rested for the next 5 weeks. It has been almost eight weeks since the injury and i have a trip to font in august so im becoming very annoyed. I have visited a physio who told me that it was the small muscle between my first and second finger that had partially tore and was thickened and stiff he recommended several stretches and lots of rest. I would really love a bit of advice on what to do. Thanks Sam
 JEF 23 May 2016
In reply to Removed UserSamAllen:

Search on this site for finger injury, there's plenty of information.
Giacbold 24 May 2016

Sorry to hear that (climbing in font in august? You're crazy!!) anyway i think that could be an interossei palmar muscle that was partially tore...it's pretty common usually mistaken with a finger pulley since in most cases there is an audible pop sound. The pain should be localized in the base of you finger and especially on openhand grip (am i right?). Don't worry, if that's it i'm sure it will go away with a bit of rest and gentle loading...don't know the severity of your problem but you should be able to climb for august! Good luck
Removed User 25 May 2016
In reply to MaxJEF:

Sorry, which site?
 SenzuBean 25 May 2016

> Sorry, which site?

He meant here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/general/search.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...