UKC

GoPro / Movier Maker / You Tube Help?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sl@te Head 21 Jun 2016
Not sure if anyone can help, but on my most recent GoPro video which I edited using Movie Maker and posted on You Tube, there seems to be a problem with some large orange pixels (at approx. 1:47 on the following clip) youtube.com/watch?v=fkwFt2DryMY&

What did I do wrong / how do I avoid this in the future?

Is there anyway to fix it now that it's published (i.e. without having to re edit the original clips)?

Another problem I'm having is copyright claims on the music I've chosen, seems to stop the videos being used on Tablets but ok on PC's. Seems to be a lottery as to whether the music causes problems, one or two of my You Tube videos have lost their music all together. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks in advance...

PS Has to be said I'm not so good with technology, so please keep any advice as simple as possible!

richprideaux 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Once it's up on Youtube you can replace the audio with a pre-licensed track but I think that's about it - I recently had a similar issue and had to re-upload.

For the music it's best to find a track on somebody else's video that works on all platforms then use that for your own - but yes it is a pain - however it's easy to understand why artists and labels only want their content used in certain ways.

Another option is to buy a licence for a track from a site like Audio Jungle - no chart toppers but you'll probably find something suitable for £15-ish:

http://audiojungle.net/
 rallymania 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Sl@te Head:

the large orange pixels...
are they in the output render from movie maker too?
it's fairly obvious what's caused it (ghost image from the paddle) but until we can confirm if it's movie maker or youtube that's at fault it's hard to recommend a fix.
 rallymania 21 Jun 2016
In reply to richprideaux:

royalty free or as rich above suggests, pay a small fee for using someone's music.

it risk of sounding like a twonk, you are complaining in another post about someone else using your work without crediting you
OP Sl@te Head 21 Jun 2016
In reply to rallymania:

> it risk of sounding like a twonk, you are complaining in another post about someone else using your work without crediting you

I always credit the artist when I use music on my videos, I spend a massive amount on music buying Albums rather than individual songs and attending lots of concerts and festivals, I never rip off music from the internet and disapprove of anyone else who does so. Music used on videos may prompt viewers to click on the iTunes Icon and make a purchase, hence I feel that I am supporting the artists.
OP Sl@te Head 21 Jun 2016
In reply to rallymania:

Pixels on the Movie Maker version....
 HeMa 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Can't help with the orange blob... other than make sure it's not also on the original material... If not, then perhaps the settings on Movie Maker produced it, or perhaps Youtube re-encoded it... Check the Youtube format advice, so no re-encoding is needed there...

As for the music, yes... generally you can't use popchart music without paying (perhaps a lot)... and sometimes Youtube/Vimeo will block the video because of such unlicensed/copyrighted music...

Best way, is to check for suitable tune from here: http://freemusicarchive.org/ and specially under the Creative Commons lisence... (http://creativecommons.org/ )
 zimpara 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Sl@te Head:

You didn't save it as a project before exporting did you? No ofcoarse not, lol

On youtube, theres a setting that blocks playback via portable devices. Think its under demographics or something similar.

Just gonna watch the clip and get back re pixels.
 zimpara 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Wowza! Those are some seriously stuck pixels! Lol

Is your pc up to the job of editing gopro sized footage?

With regards to music, just use anything you like. Anything under 100 000 views isnt worth moneytising anyway.
 rallymania 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Sl@te Head:

easy tiger... I totally understand your points about support the artist, however the legal landscape regarding copywriter infringement isn't always as understanding. A pal of mine did a video on a ski/boarding trip of us all singing the bits of a chart topping pop song whilst doing daft things. he got a letter from the record company saying that "the band love your video, but..." he had to take it down.

anyway, the pixels in the video are very likely caused by the export getting confused about the fast movement on the screen of the paddle. can you try exporting it again, but either with a different output format or with less compression? you might end up with a larger file, but hopefully without the software getting confused as to where the big orange paddle has moved to.

I'm sorry I don't have movie maker so I can't tell you exactly how to do this... hopefully someone else (or the internet) can help further?
 Fraser 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Sl@te Head:

> Music used on videos may prompt viewers to click on the iTunes Icon and make a purchase, hence I feel that I am supporting the artists.

Hmmm, I think what you're actually doing is the equivalent of buying a ticket to the cinema but watching two films. FWIW you can generally 'watch two films' on Vimeo without issue!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...