UKC

Froome,Colombian Q or a Wild Card

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 29 Jun 2016
and if the wild card, which one?
 balmybaldwin 29 Jun 2016
In reply to veteye:

Are you writing off Contador?

Personally I'm rooting for the little Columbian as I like him or Froome as I'm warming to him a bit more now and my wildcard would be G if Froome falls off early on
OP veteye 29 Jun 2016
In reply to balmybaldwin:

I think Contador is a possibility,but not in the front line for me. I think that he may fade towards the end.
I do not want Quintana,the Colombian to win, but I think that he could well do so, as he seems to be full of strength and stamina.(And all credit to him for that)
Rigid Raider 30 Jun 2016
In reply to veteye:

I just hate Contador. He's a smarmy little git who never does any work, just sits in all day saving his strength.
 Chris the Tall 30 Jun 2016
In reply to veteye:

Following on from Leicester City and Iceland, this has to be Tommy Voekler's year
 Mike Highbury 30 Jun 2016
In reply to Rigid Raider:
> I just hate Contador. He's a smarmy little git who never does any work, just sits in all day saving his strength.

Crumbs, that's a remarkable reading of his racing style.
 Bob Hughes 30 Jun 2016

I like Contador. I fully understand why people don't like him but he always has a pop and spices up the races he's in. So i suppose its more accurate to say I like watching him. Having said that i don't fancy him for a win he's been off form ever since they banned beef sandwiches.
In reply to Chris the Tall:
> Following on from Leicester City and Iceland, this has to be Tommy Voekler's year

I will not listen to any talk suggesting that TV is a minor figure!
 Chris the Tall 30 Jun 2016
In reply to Mike Highbury:
I look forward to the Tour de Yorkshire supplanting the Crit Dauphine as the essential pre-TDF race to win !
> I look forward to the Tour de Yorkshire supplanting the Crit Dauphine as the essential pre-TDF race to win !

You are so mean.
OP veteye 30 Jun 2016

Hear hear!
Rigid Raider 01 Jul 2016
In reply to veteye:

I taught English at a Polytechnic near Seville where I lived in the hall of residence and I knew many young Spaniards of Contador's ilk. I find him smarmy and conceited and I don't trust him.
 DaveHK 01 Jul 2016
> I just hate Contador. He's a smarmy little git who never does any work, just sits in all day saving his strength.

Don't know how you've come to that conclusion. He's probably the most agressive and attacking of all the GT contenders.
Post edited at 09:00
 GrahamD 01 Jul 2016
In reply to DaveHK:

> Don't know how you've come to that conclusion. He's probably the most agressive and attacking of all the GT contenders.

Tongue in cheek, I suspect...
 nniff 01 Jul 2016
In reply to veteye:

hmm. Froome, I suppose, and I've warmed to him.

Richie Porte has got to be up there, as have Aru and Quntana

If you haven't read Geraint Thomas' book yet - the world of cycling according to G, then read it quickly - it gives a very handy insight into aspects of the Tour that previously had passed me by
 Fredt 01 Jul 2016
In reply to veteye:
> and if the wild card, which one?

"wild card"? do you mean dark horse?

The only wild cards in the Tour de France are for teams, this year: Cofidis, Direct Energie. Fortuneo-Vital Concept, and Bora Argon 18 .
Post edited at 10:03
 Kimono 01 Jul 2016
In reply to veteye:

I would love for Quintana to win. Would be great for Colombia and Colombian cycling especially as that's my home for half the year
OP veteye 01 Jul 2016
In reply to Kimono:

It should be a good and needling competition. I think that Froome is going to have to up his game, as Quintana has been concentrating on improving his time-trialling.

(Meantime, my daughter is in Bogota having been there for just under a fortnight.If she can keep out of the troubled areas,it seems like a really exciting country. I hope that she can go to Cartagena and Calli, along with seeing the Whales and one of those desert island type places.)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...