UKC

Arivurichardich (near Callander) - bridge?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 07 Jul 2016
Does anyone know if the bridge at Arivurichardich has ever been reinstated? It was non existent last time I was there, but I have since heard rumours of a hydro scheme, and wondered if they have built a bridge for this? I want to ride over this way next month, and it is an impassible river after heavy rain. Just trying to judge how feasible it will be
 ross 07 Jul 2016
In reply to girlymonkey:

Hiya, don't have a map to hand to check which bridge you mean, but if it's the one between Bracklinn Falls and Glen Artney, yes, there is an amazing new bridge now.

Cheers, Ross.
OP girlymonkey 07 Jul 2016
In reply to ross:

Yes, it is that one. Great, that is the news I wanted to hear! (I have been very close to being washed away by that river in the past!)
 m dunn 07 Jul 2016
In reply to girlymonkey:

Don't think the one at Bracklinn Falls is the one you meant. That one is indeed amazing, and useful for a variety of bike routes in the area. However, the bridge that was at Arievuriardoch and had been swept away a few years ago has recently been replaced with a brand new - but bog standard - bridge, which is part of the infrastructure for the hydro scheme. If heading for Glenartney you can either stay on the new road to the cottage and then the original track back to the north east or you can blast directly up the wet moor to join the track there.
 veteye 08 Jul 2016
In reply to m dunn:

It sounds like we should see pictures of these new amazing bridges so that we can appreciate them.
 Chris Harris 08 Jul 2016
In reply to veteye:

> It sounds like we should see pictures of these new amazing bridges so that we can appreciate them.

>

http://www.trossachs-scotland.co.uk/gallery/images/bracklinnbridge-from-ups...
 Martin W 08 Jul 2016
In reply to Chris Harris:

You know what? I think that one is pretty amazing. Congratulations to those responsible.
 veteye 08 Jul 2016
In reply to Chris Harris:

Thank you for the photograph link.
It certainly is a pretty impressive bridge.
 Joak 08 Jul 2016
In reply to girlymonkey:
I did a circuit of Vorlich and the Stuc from that direction two weeks ago and was relieved to see two sturdy spanking new bridges below the the Arivurichardich bothy. I too have had issues crossing the Keltie Water (including one knock back) after heavy rain, following the old bridge being swept away in 2004. The bridges were indeed put there to facilitate the installation of the hydro electric scheme. There were a couple of large diggers at work East of the bothy but hopefully this shouldn't impact on your planned bike ride.
Post edited at 23:25

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...