UKC

Cuillin ridge gear - insitu and carried

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 clipskipper 08 Jul 2016
Hi folks,

looking at having a go at this next month, and would be grateful for any details on what rack to take for the climbing sections (apart from 'as small and light as possible') and on the condition of the tat for any of the ab points. I'm expecting the Inn Pinn to be fine, but elsewhere would be good to know if I need to carry the cord and maillons, or whether I can risk saving the weight. Plan is South to North.

Cheers

Lee
 atrendall 08 Jul 2016
In reply to clipskipper:

Rocks 3,4,6 and the two smallest Rockcentrics.
3 120cm slings & krabs
1 60cm sling & 2 krabs
Couple spare krabs
No need for ab tat as all is in situ and pretty good most with krabs/maillons.
 Pina 08 Jul 2016
In reply to clipskipper:
Largely depends on how comfortable you are on the technical sections. We had a set of 7-11 offsets, a #2 camalot (that or the 2 rockcentrics suggested above is good) and 4 slingdraws and thought it was pretty ideal. There's good condition tat on all the sections you need to abb from (as long as you don't get lost).
Post edited at 16:13
 kwoods 08 Jul 2016
In reply to atrendall:

Did we use that 8 rock at the bottom of Naismiths?
 atrendall 08 Jul 2016
In reply to kwoods:

Yes we did but also the smallest Rockcentric which was pretty bomber.
 olddirtydoggy 08 Jul 2016
In reply to clipskipper:

Rope length and size could count. I took a 35m 8.7 to keep the weight down and that worked great.
 atrendall 09 Jul 2016
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

Good point about the rope; probably the easiest way to save a significant weight. As you say a 35m rope is long enough for anything on the ridge.
 BnB 09 Jul 2016
In reply to atrendall:

> Good point about the rope; probably the easiest way to save a significant weight. As you say a 35m rope is long enough for anything on the ridge.

Going S - N yes. You need a 50 for the Tooth abseil however iirc
 atrendall 09 Jul 2016
In reply to BnB:

Do need a longer rope going N-S but original question specifies S-N.
 3leggeddog 09 Jul 2016
In reply to clipskipper:

It is a long time ago but I recall using 3 wires, 1 small, 1 med, 1 large and a couple of slings. To save weight, I didn't carry a harness, instead I collected a sling from the top of the td gap abseil to use as a dulfer seat.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...