UKC

Blocked MSR International

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Coley 10 Jul 2016
Hi,
I've just discovered a mortar bee (I think) has laid a grub in the pump of my fuel bottle. It was in the hole that the stove plugs into.

I have dug it out and cleaned out as best I can with a cotton bud. However I can't see around the bend or any further into the pump. The stove itself is on a ship to Greenland, so I can't test it. I have pumped it up and opened the valve. I get a regular very small flow of petrol.

Anyone have an idea of what the flow rate should be? Or tips of what to do next.

Thanks.
 AdrianC 10 Jul 2016
In reply to David Coley:

That's a new one on me! I just looked at the pump on mine and there's a small flat on the brass collar that the valve handle goes into so you can unscrew that and look in to the 90 degree bend from the other end. You could probably get an un-bent paper clip or similar in there from both sides to check that it's fully clear.

After 30 pumps, the flow was more than a regular drip but less than a continuous stream when I let it run out onto the ground. It doesn't look a lot but as it happens I cooked my tea on the stove yesterday and it's working fine.

Hope that's some use.
 ben b 11 Jul 2016
In reply to AdrianC:

This has reaffirmed my faith in ukc somewhat
thanks guys
b

AdrianC 11 Jul 2016
In reply to ben b:

Pleased to hear that, Ben, but don't speak too soon - it could yet turn into a row about the politics of homelessness and infant mortality in the mortar bee community.
 ben b 11 Jul 2016
In reply to AdrianC:

Can you link that strawman to the Daily Mail, please?

b

PS They're probably fairly biodegradable aren't they?
OP David Coley 12 Jul 2016
In reply to AdrianC:

Thanks! It looks like the flow rate is about right, and I will not starve in Greenland.

Thanks again.
 JJL 12 Jul 2016
In reply to David Coley:

Suggest you light it and see how well it boils s pan.
 andrewmc 12 Jul 2016
Actually in reply to JJL:

In reply to David Coley:
> The stove itself is on a ship to Greenland, so I can't test it.

There seems to be a recent trend of people not reading things carefully or not reading the thread before commenting. This is definitely going to come around and bite me when I fail to read something...
 JJL 12 Jul 2016
In reply to andrewmcleod:

Ha! You're right.missed that. Sorry.
Fwiw my Msr has always overcome. Bit of fine fuse wire also useful for pricking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...