UKC

Travel between Thiland, Cambodia and Laos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Elia 11 Aug 2016
Hi!!
I will be traveling Thailand, Cambodia and Laos and I have plenty of time, I would like to know if you recommend any place out of the most poplar.
I will stay in Krabi, which island do you recommend out of the most known. In Laos I will be in the green climbers home, is any other place that you recommend? Cambodia no idea...

Thanks in advance
Elia
Pan Ron 13 Aug 2016
In reply to Elia:

The short answer is that sounds about right. Not much climbing here in Cambodia though. I'd suggest DWS in Vietnam instead.
 katyc 13 Aug 2016
In reply to Elia:

Definitely hit Vietnam. Climbing or not climbing, it's incredible
 ElBarto 13 Aug 2016
In reply to Elia:

I did a very similar trip not long ago there's a place about three hours North of Bangkok I climbed at that was pretty good http://namphapayai.camp/rockclimbing.html . The place just had a really good relaxed atmosphere and even a zip wire approach to one of the crags, it doesn't have as much climbing as some of the islands in the south or as Chiang Mai but it's a really nice place and less well known.

There's not much climbing in Cambodia but if you did want to climb there check out http://www.climbodia.com/ , the guy who runs it is great. I can't speak to much about the climbing as when I was there he was just getting setup and only just got a crate of bolts through customs to start putting up routes. The four that were up when I was there were good, worth emailing them to checkout what else has been put up as he was keep to develop the area. The area it's based in, Kampot, has great food. Ask the owner of Climbodia to recommend an Indian place to eat, I can't remember the name of it but it was his favourite in the area for good reason.

If you go in the peak tourist season (Nov / Dec to Jan / Feb) finding climbing partners is easy, outside of that it can be trickier though.

These are all places I plan on going back to, hopefully I can convince a friend or two to come along too.
Pan Ron 20 Aug 2016
In reply to Elia:

That said, there is now a climbing gym in Phnom Penh, in the Russian Market area about 7 mins walk from my home. Let me know if you fancy a climb there.
 Derry 20 Aug 2016
In reply to Elia:

Khao chin lae 2 in Lopburi. North of bangkok. Multi pitch up to 200m. Stay at nooms guesthouse. Great guy and all the local info
 chris fox 22 Aug 2016
In reply to Elia:

It was a loooong time ago i did this, 199 to be exact (yikes i'm getting old !).

I took a government bus from the eastern bus terminal (watching Rambo in Thai !!!) and headed out for a week on the beach at Koh Chang. Then got a bus to Trat and a local taxi to the ferry point. A ferry across to Sihanouk, a couple of days there at "Chuck's place" (an American war vet married to a local called Rose !). I then got a bus to Phnom Penh for a week, headed up the River to Siem Reap and a week there exploring all the Wat's (there's much more than just the Amazing Angkor Wat).

That was a mini tour of Cambodia at the end of one of my Asian trips.

Great place, great people

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...