UKC

Climbing in Denmark/ Southern Sweden

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 llamaglama 18 Aug 2016
Does any one know any good outdoor climbing in Denmark or Southern Sweden? Or suggest a decent guidebook? I moved to Copenhagen 3 weeks ago and have just been frequenting the indoor walls but it seems a shame not to go outside when the weather is so beautiful (and if I keep going longboarding to the icecream shop as an alternative I'll be the size of a house by Christmas).

Also, is anyone is Copenhagen area and want to go climbing outside? I'm keen for trad, sport and bouldering. It seems to be quite hard to find people to climb with here as a lot of the clubs have closed membership due to a huge influx of members recently.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 18 Aug 2016
In reply to llamaglama:

A bit in my blog here about your nearest crag:

http://chriscraggs.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/swedish-sampler.html

Chris
 summo 18 Aug 2016
In reply to llamaglama:

Kullaberg is probably your nearest largish venue, think mini Gower only on granite. It has its own book. Other places all the way up the west coast.

Some smaller crags and bouldering along south coast.

More bouldering than anything else, with most stuff on 27crags apart from clubs secret venues.

Many clubs are busy, but often have very few outdoor climbers, people join like joining a gym after new year then do little. I would try to chase down some active members.
 Phil Anderson 18 Aug 2016
In reply to llamaglama:

For Denmark, this article is good... http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=6345

Forget mountain routes though, the whole country's as flat as a kipper's c*ck. The highest points in Denmark are the tops of the towers of the East Bridge.
 jimmccall 18 Aug 2016
In reply to llamaglama:

I have sent you an email,
Regards,
Jim
In reply to llamaglama:

Hi,

just back from a climbing holiday in southern Sweden and Oslo. So much climbing you will need a topo. There is one that covers southern Sweden (Gothenborg area) and antoher just for Bohuslan) Most of the climbing is Trad so take a rack and are single pitch. For multi pitch routes head for Norway.

Have fun and good luck with the weather!
 Mikkel 18 Aug 2016
In reply to llamaglama:

No rock in Denmark other than on the island of Bornholm.
West coast got bouldering on old german bunkers.
Kuln on the Swedish coast is popular.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...