UKC

New to sport climbing where to go Chester north wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shane jones 22 Aug 2016
Hi

I'm new to sport climbing I have done a bit of climbing in NZ last year and at the moment I am just going to my local climbing gym. Wanted to know where I should be looking to go for sport routes up to 6b. U.K. Tech grade. I'm about 30 minutes from Chester and the same from congelton area.

Also I would like to get some guide books for some of the different areas what would people recommend? I have a55 sport climbs on order

Thanks
Shane
In reply to Shane jones:

Also look at Clwyd Limestone and N Wales Limestone guidebooks. Llanberis Slate and Peak district routes are little over an hour's drive.
 zv 22 Aug 2016
In reply to Shane jones:
Penmaen Head has a lovely selection of 5s and 6s in a pleasant setting. A55 climbs is the guidebook for this.

For a fantastic setting, you can also check out Lower Pen Trywn, the righthand has some excellent low 6s, beaware for falling rock especially before the 1st bolt as that bit is under water in high tide and easily broken. I very much recommend a clipstick. Guidebook for this is North Wales limestone.

Have fun, the climbing in North Wales is pretty special.
Post edited at 20:46
OP Shane jones 22 Aug 2016
In reply to harold walmsley:
Thanks I'll take a look at these
Post edited at 20:50
OP Shane jones 22 Aug 2016
In reply to zmv:

Cheers just looked and my book should be here tomorrow fingers crossed the weather is good tomorrow too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...