UKC

Bristly Ridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ColH72 28 Aug 2016
Just got back from Bristly Ridge (trying to). From what I read beforehand Sinster Gully was nearest to the wall/stile (of which you could see) then 10m to the right was Dexter Gully. I'm sure it was far more than 10m before I could see an opening to a gully!! I went up this gully anyway. It was was steeper & nothing like the many rocks to hold from looking online prior (not yet fully confident with heights), but not so bothered as I could hold onto the rock at the sides & pull myself up. When I got to the top, I scrambled slightly to the left for 30m & then there was a biggish slab of rock of which I would have had to walk across (drops either side) to then drop down, climb to the left & carry on up. Felt too exposed to walk across, so I bottled out & went down a scree path to the right 😂 Was it Dexter Gully I went up?
 john1963 28 Aug 2016
In reply to ColH72:
Funny you should ask that ,stood looking at them right now.the one nearest the wall on the right is sinister gully the easier of the two,the one to the right is main gully.slightly harder also known as Dexter gully.
Post edited at 17:59
 Glyno 28 Aug 2016
In reply to john1963:

> Funny you should ask that ,stood looking at them right now.the one nearest the wall on the right is sinister gully the easier of the two,the one to the right is main gully.slightly harder also known as Dexter gully.

do you mean "nearest the wall on the left"?
OP ColH72 28 Aug 2016
In reply to Glyno:

Yeah I meant to the left, looking up at the gully's. I did the one to the right! But when at the top had to go across the exposed rock, so backed out as I didn't know if I was on the right track & what was ahead lo,
Wulfrunian 28 Aug 2016
In reply to ColH72:

Sinister Gully is about 10m to the right of the wall, has a small section of dry stone wall in its lower reaches and a curling overhang high on the right wall. Dexter/main gully is about 15m further to the right of Sinister and used to have a rickety, turf covered stone arch at its exit which collapsed a year or two ago. There is another, easier gully to the left of the wall, round the corner a bit at the top of some scree.

In reply to john1963:
> the one to the right is main gully.slightly harder also known as Dexter gully.

Dexter Gully or Right Hand Gully is not Main Gully. Main Gully is further round to the right on the West face of Glyder Fach.
Post edited at 20:44
Wulfrunian 05 Sep 2016
In reply to Rylstone_Cowboy:

Nah, that's Glyder Fach main gully, not Bristly Ridge main gully

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...