UKC

14 year olds on Flying Buttress on Tuesday - photos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin Bennett 01 Sep 2016
If you were the two lads climbing at Stanage who, as the youngest climbers on the crag on Tuesday, had a brief conversation with us, undoubtedly the oldest on the crag, and then went on to flash Flying Buttress I have some photos you might like to see. I'm afraid they're poor telephotos and directly into the sun so a bit washed out looking but might be "a nice memento of your day"
If you see this and fancy a peep send me your email address. Cheers. Martin & Kim.
In reply to Martin Bennett:

I found 'em. Or they found me. Dunno which, but in any case photos have changed hands. UKC not all bad after all!
 ThunderCat 05 Sep 2016

Op disliked? The mind boggles.
 Neil 05 Sep 2016
In reply to ThunderCat:

Someone out there has just been on a safeguarding course and disliked the thought of slightly blurry photos being taken of under 18s flashing in the great outdoors. That's my guess anyway.

Or it may have been the speech mark police?

In reply to Neil:

The speech marks were for the benefit of any of my mates who might have seen it - the phrase thus identified has meaning of a humorous nature for us. Which makes me guilty of imposing in-jokes on the unsuspecting - maybe a crime worse than unwarranted punctuation?
 Neil 07 Sep 2016

Utterly irredeemable. I see that your honesty in admitting punctuational irregularity has garnered you a flurry of additional dislikes. Tough crowd!
In reply to Neil:

Inverted commas put to better use, and in an apposite manner, here: ". . . . . . . nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces." (Matthew 7.6)

Thanks for the reminder to look up the whole of that quote - been meaning to ever since Pete Long put up his route on Deer Bield Crag. About 40 years ago!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...