UKC

Sardinia route recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 drgrange 26 Sep 2016
We're based in Cala Gonone and have a car. Single pitch upto 6b as have wife in tow. Also limited by 50m rope and only having the acient rock fax pdf

Toerag 28 Sep 2016
In reply to drgrange:

If you're happy with multipitch then do 'Sound of Silence' at Surtana. Not sure if a single 50 is long enough though :-/.
OP drgrange 28 Sep 2016
In reply to Toerag:

Thanks but it's single pitch only for us and the rope we're taking is 50m
 flash13 29 Sep 2016
In reply to drgrange:

Hey im in a similar position to you and im flying out next week, i have all the guidebooks and stuff so if you find some great areas to climb in it would be awesome to hear about.

My wife has never abseiled before but she has to learn somewhere, i do however have a 70m rope so sound of silence is in i think.

lewisodea 29 Sep 2016
In reply to drgrange:

I was over there at easter. Lots to go at at Cala Fuili in the lower grades and a lovely place to boot! I remember most routes being about 20m but take care with your rope length
 ewanjp 30 Sep 2016
In reply to drgrange:
I'd make sure i had a rope to do sound of silence. It's amazing.

Technically you could do it with a 50 as you can walk off the top. Obviously you'd need to be very confident!
Post edited at 15:52
OP drgrange 30 Sep 2016
In reply to ewanjp:

Thanks All. Bloody lovely here!
So far id say the star ratings are a bit generous and to expect a lot of polish (not a racist thing )
 flash13 30 Sep 2016
In reply to drgrange:

Which crags have you been to so far. Any that you wouldnt go to again? Im looking forward to my trip but would prefer to avoid polish. My wife is Polish so will be hard to avoid that
OP drgrange 03 Oct 2016
In reply to flash13:

Last day today of a lovely trip. Really chilled place with a great atmosphere and beautiful setting. Will definitely be back with a longer rope and someone who can belay (I do love my wife but she's no climber!). Best beginner spot was Budinetto with lots of good quality routes with very little polish. Next best was La Poltrona. Cala Fuili was polished, busy and smelly. Obviously it has a beach for a quick dip which is a bonus. We hired a private boat to get to Cala Luna (don't go with Skipper) which despite being run by a crook was a fantastic day out. Cala Luna looked very busy and with not much to go at so we kept going and landed at a lovely quiet little beach. No climbing but landing the boat was fun!!! Hope that helps and you have a great trip
 flash13 03 Oct 2016
In reply to drgrange:

Thanks for the feedback its good to get someone with some fresh experience.

We have 10 days and a 70m rope so should be good fun.

Regards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...