UKC

-10°bag for £94?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zimpara 30 Sep 2016
 JayPee630 30 Sep 2016
In reply to zimpara:

It's just a cheap heavy synthetic bag with probably a slightly over optimistic temperature rating. Plenty of them about. Why do you think it might be such a good deal? It's only reduced from RRP a bit.
 leon 1 30 Sep 2016
In reply to JayPee630:
To be pedantic ..Its supposedly 20% off RRP. which is a reasonable amount.
1-5kg for a synthetic winter bag isnt really that heavy if it is a 'genuine winter bag' but is the -10c a comfort level rating, or is it a you should survive a night at -10c in this bag no matter how uncomfortably cold you might feel rating ?
Post edited at 15:43
 ianstevens 30 Sep 2016
In reply to leon 1:

I was about to post this but you beat me to it. It's probably the survival rating rather than a comfort rating. i.e., you probably won't get hypothermia in this bag at -10*C, but you will not have a good night's sleep.
 JIMBO 30 Sep 2016
In reply to leon 1:

> ...if it is a 'genuine winter bag' but is the -10c a comfort level rating, or is it a you might survive a night at -10c in this bag rating ?

Comfort level is -4c, -10 is the comfort limit...
 SenzuBean 30 Sep 2016
In reply to leon 1:
http://www.force-ten.co.uk/gb/alpine-sleeping-bags/46-nano-10.html#.V-552CRGeVE

Comfort -4£
Limit -10£

Edit: triple combo!
Post edited at 15:43
 leon 1 30 Sep 2016
In reply to los tres hombres : So do we agree then that its a bag that would be just about ok at -6c but starting to feel pretty crap much colder than that ?
Just pointing out to the OP that it might not actually be quite as warm as it seems in the Ad

angry pirate 30 Sep 2016
In reply to zimpara:

Now I may be falling for marketing here but the three layers of insulation above may make it box above its weight a little so it might be pretty warm for a 1.5 kg bag.
That said, I wouldn't trust a sub-2kg synthetic bag for winter and I'd be wary of much less than 1.5kg in down.
To contextualise, my ME Snowline is 1.3ish kg and is winter weight whereas my old Ajungilak Kompact bag was near 2 kg and was chilly in winter.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...