UKC

Camping in Chulilla?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dsauerbrun 26 Oct 2016
Hi all,

I've got a solo trip coming up to Chulilla Town - Boca de La Voz & Barranquillo/Falfiguera.

I'm going to be just out of my backpack and tent(no van or anything).

I know there is camping with showers and a kitchen at el altico, but I heard the owners there suck and it isn't a great spot to stay at. I'm not concerned about paying for camping, I just wanna make sure I'll have a good time.

I've heard you can camp at the upper parking lot by goscanos for free.

1. If that is the case, can I just leave my tent up or do I have to take it down every day?

2. Will there be other folks there at the parking lot? I want to meet people to climb with as well as have a bit of a social scene.

3. Is it safe to leave my stuff in my tent? What's the sketchiness from 1-10?

4. My buddy told me the folks at goscanos are super friendly and it is cool for me to use their toilet(I plan on being a daily patron to support them if that's the case). Is that true or are they tired of a bunch of people doing that already?

5. What about showers?

6. Any other suggestions/logistics for camping at chulilla(paid or free, doesn't matter)?
 nakedave 26 Oct 2016
In reply to dsauerbrun:

The café have a sign up, requesting that van dwellers and campers use the cafe toilets rather than shitting all around, and they are super friendly
When I was there in February, there were folks who had their tents up for weeks at a time, and there will be loads of vans parked up so no shortage of partners.
Enjoy, it's great
 nakedave 26 Oct 2016
In reply to dsauerbrun:

And there is a token operated shower in the sports ground, and the wine in the local shop is great, and the craic in the parking is good!
 Ally Smith 26 Oct 2016
In reply to dsauerbrun:

> I know there is camping with showers and a kitchen at el altico, but I heard the owners there suck and it isn't a great spot to stay at.

El Altico is a great location, with very good facilities, with awesome friendly owners, (caveat - can get noisy in the dorms). Don't let your "friends" opinion dis-colour your own.

Leaving a tent in the upper car-park would be asking for your stuff to be nicked IMHO - I've seen some fairly sketchy characters hanging around on a weekend
In reply to dsauerbrun:

> I know there is camping with showers and a kitchen at el altico, but I heard the owners there suck and it isn't a great spot to stay at. I'm not concerned about paying for camping, I just wanna make sure I'll have a good time.

The owners of El Altico, Pedro and Nuria, are lovely people, very friendly and it is a great place to stay. When we were there it was very quiet and there were a couple of tents which appeared both safe and pleasantly situated. I doubt your stuff would get nicked but I am sure that Pedro and Nuria would be happy to look after anything valuable if you were worried. I haven't been there when it is very busy but I doubt if the noise would disturb you too much in the field where the tents are.

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...