UKC

New Scarpa Vapour V sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tompilgrem 07 Nov 2016
Hi, anyone had experience with the new (green) Scarpa Vapour Vs compared to the old orange ones? On about my third pair of orange ones now and time to get a new pair is on the way so just wondering if the sizing is pretty much the same.

Cheers
 Zombieclimber 07 Nov 2016
In reply to tompilgrem:

For me they were a little larger than the orange ones. My next pair im gonna go down a size or half..
The Papa Lazarou 07 Nov 2016
In reply to tompilgrem:

I found the newer v's came up a tiny bit smaller...
> Hi, anyone had experience with the new (green) Scarpa Vapour Vs compared to the old orange ones? On about my third pair of orange ones now and time to get a new pair is on the way so just wondering if the sizing is pretty much the same.

> Cheers

Pete Dangerous 07 Nov 2016
In reply to tompilgrem:

I went for the same size and found that they took longer and were more painful to break in than the previous version, but after that the fit was relatively the same. Bare in mind that the extra rubber over the top of the new version doesn't stretch nearly as much as the same area on the older version so getting the right size is probably more important with the newer ones. On the other hand, the extra rubber has made the shoes last much longer as on the previous model holes used to appear in the leather at the front where the toe knuckles were pushed up against the material, I found. The orange ones were very comfortable in their later life where as the new ones are proper business from start to finish.
 Dangerous Dave 07 Nov 2016
In reply to tompilgrem:

I had about 3 pairs of the Orange Velcros in a size 42.5 but recently went for the lace ups after trying both the Velcros and lace ups on in a shop. The 42.5 in both the Velcro and the Lace felt a bit too small and I eventually went for the 43 Lace up. It is more comfortable than my old 42.5 but definitely not too big.
So in summary I think the new ones size up slightly smaller but not by much.
 1poundSOCKS 07 Nov 2016
In reply to tompilgrem:

Can't remember the sizing Tom, but they felt a bit narrower to me, and softer. The new Scarpa range generally don't fit me as well anymore, so I tend towards La Sportiva shoes now (Otaki/TC Pro).
OP tompilgrem 08 Nov 2016
In reply to tompilgrem:

Cheers all for your responses, guess I'll try and find somewhere to try them on first then now! Ta
 wazzalad20 08 Nov 2016
In reply to tompilgrem:

Found them a bit roomier than the old ones, definitely a wider fit! What size are you mate? Im selling a pair only used for one route, size 44.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...