UKC

Rock shoe resoler near val di mello?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kahti 18 Nov 2016
Weather has finally turned here in the north of Italy, just as I get to the good bouldering! Would like to use the down days to get my shoes resoled.
Does anyone know of anywhere in the area?
Am currently in Sondrio. Would rather not have to drive all the way to Milan.

Also juat on the off chance has anyone ever seen the Gebro-Verlag Ibloc bouldering guide for sale anywhere in Italy? Would very much like a copy but struggling to find it.
 loplop 18 Nov 2016
In reply to Kahti:

If you're in Sondrio, you can try Fiorelli Sport (Via Malta 5). I don't know if they do resoling, but if they don't they might be able to point you to a place where they do. It might also be worth asking in Centro Sport (Via Trento 13). Otherwise try Crazy Idea in Via Nazionale 67/C in Castione Andevenno (along the main road, not far from the Sassella crag).

Just some ideas.. hope it helps.
 beardy mike 19 Nov 2016
In reply to Kahti:

Doubt either of them do resolves.... you drove past la sportiva on the way there... DOH. The little shop in San Martino often has and end of range bin though... and I reckon they might cut you a deal in off season. If they're open that is! Don't know if the Camp Factory shop nearish Como might be able to point you at a resolver. Don't know of shoe manufacturers over there. They are mainly just south of the Dolomites. Enjoying the drive? Nip around to the north side of Bailey if you get a chance. Or walk up to Rifugio omio from bagni di masino. It's a huge height gain but stunning when you're up!
 beardy mike 19 Nov 2016
In reply to Kahti:

Ps if you still have time, work your way over to Dommodossola and go up to the Macnagua face of Monte rosa. It's the largest face in the alps and bonkers.
OP Kahti 20 Nov 2016
In reply to beardy mike:

Cheers for the replies. Looking at the weather forecast for the next week I don't think I'm going to be climbing much! Might just wait till I get to Aosta. Any reccomendations over that way?

Drive has been amazing so far Mike! I had thought of checking out some of the factories en route but am now on a pretty tight budget until I can find some PT work, BASI course was a good deal but still not cheap, so didn't want to tempt myself. Only realised how bad my shoes were once I got to Daone. Bummer.

Val Daone was really cool, pretty nippy in the forest section (you could have got some mixed lines up some of the boulders) but had a good time failing at a bunch of problems at Le Curva in the sun! Granite feels so weird after a month on sandstone. Would love to go back in slightly warmer weather.

The descent off the Tonale was unexpected! Had to stop and stretch out my legs after that one.
Managed to get to Spriana before the weather turned. Great setting and good temps. It doesn't seem to see much traffic though. All a bit manky except for the high end stuff. Shame.

Was planning on exploring masino/mello and the boulders around lake como for a few days but forecast is now for rain until Friday across the whole of N Italy. So not really sure what to do with this week. Would like to check out around Monta Rosa but think its all going to be clouded over. Also diesel is may main expense so trying to ration the driving a little. Otherwise i'd probably bugger off to Varazze or something! Oh the joys of suddenly being a lot poorer than you'd planned.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...