UKC

Lens profile for Panasonic LX100 in Lightroom 5.7?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tricadam 19 Nov 2016
I've just imported some RAWs from my new Panasonic LX100 into Lightroom 5.7 and have been surprised not to find the camera in the list of available lens profiles in the Lens Corrections section. Am I missing something? Do I need to manually create a lens profile? If so, does anyone have a pre-made one?

Any help much appreciated!
 thlcr1 20 Nov 2016
In reply to Tricadam:

Panasonic and Olympus micro 4/3 cameras have the lens correction profile included in the RAW file. It Dosen't show separately in Lightroom but it's automatically applied when you open the file. As the LX100 is essentially an M4/3 without the removable lens, I imagine it's the same.
OP Tricadam 20 Nov 2016
In reply to thlcr1:

Thanks!
 ChrisJD 20 Nov 2016
In reply to Tricadam:

Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs:

Dead easy to create a Develop Preset that you can apply automatically on Import, so you can include 'Remove Chromatic Aberration' every time and apply a whole set of baseline RAW develop settings.
OP Tricadam 20 Nov 2016
In reply to ChrisJD:

Hi Chris, I hadn't realised you can get the programme to do that automatically - brilliant! I tend to make the adjustment to the first image in the import then sync it with the rest, but this'll be handier. Cheers! (This is what comes from learning to use the programme just by fiddling with it.)
 IPPurewater 20 Nov 2016
In reply to Tricadam:
Martin Evening has written text books on how to use Lightroom. There will be one for your version. They are quite easy to follow and would allow you to get the best out of the software.
Post edited at 18:31
OP Tricadam 20 Nov 2016
In reply to IPPurewater:

Thanks for the tip.
 ChrisJD 20 Nov 2016
In reply to Tricadam:
I expect they'll be a raft of default RAW LR 'Preset' setting suggestions on LX100 forums/ web fan-sites.

Getting your baseline sharpening and NR settings will probably be the trickiest. The Preset will evolve over time.

I try to get the RAW to a punchy 'jpg equivalent' (but way better overall) using my import Preset. Then most to the basic work is done automatically.
Post edited at 21:01
 ChrisJD 20 Nov 2016
In reply to Tricadam:
You can also rename automatically on import from a Card with another preset.

All my images get prefixed automatically on import with a YYMM_ number based on capture date: e.g November 2016 images would get their file name prefixed with 1611_

This makes files names much more useful. And prevent duplicates when sequencing starts again: usually after 10,000 images, so you could end up with two image files with the same name if you didn't rename.
Post edited at 21:09
 Adam Long 21 Nov 2016
In reply to Tricadam:

With my Sony RX10 there is no profile available, but I get the message 'Built-in lens profile applied', which expands to say 'This raw file contains a built-in lens profile for correcting distortion and chromatic aberration. The profile has already been applied automatically to this image.'

This is in Lightroom 6 though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...