UKC

Westway Cimbing Centre stiffing older climbers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris_Mellor 27 Nov 2016
In an 18 October 2016 press release concerning Westway Trust agreeing to work with leisure operator Everyone Active, otherwise known as SLM, the two companies stated in the release that "The partnership between the two organisations will enhance current community programmes and schemes as well as protect concessionary pricing."

Today, 27 November, just over one month later, we learn that concessionary pricing for older people buying the monthly climbing pass is being withdrawn. Why are the two organisations behaving in exactly the opposite way to the stated direction in the press release?

If you wish to ask the two organisations this question here are some contact details;

SLM Managing director: David Bibby
SLM Media contacts:
Laura Newton, PR Manager, Mobile: 07525 872 061
Email: lauranewton@everyoneactive.com

Alex Urmston, PR Officer, Mobile: 07595 465 652
Email: alexurmston@everyoneactive.com

Dawn Tuckwell, Action PR Ltd, Tel: 0207 300 7380
Email: info@actionpr.co.uk

Westway Trust chief executive - Angela McConville
Westway Trust chair - Alan Brown
Westway media contact:
Will Hoyles, T: 07772 512 519
Email: Will.Hoyles@westway.org

It seems to me that Westway Trust, a charity, has privatised the management of its Westway facility and that this, in my view, is wrong, as is effectively lying in a press release.

Chris.

OP Chris_Mellor 28 Nov 2016
In reply to Chris_Mellor:

Answer from inquiry to Westway; I have been in touch with both Everyone Active and Westway Trust and it seems this is an error.

The Climbing Concessionary Monthly Pass has an incorrect price level set up on the Membership Data System. The concessionary price should be £43 and the system has been set up incorrectly at the standard rate of £55. Everyone Active are currently in the process of correcting the error and this should be done very shortly.

Good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...