UKC

Sophie Christiansen - spoty

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

The triumph of mind and body over adversity. Not only beating a horrendous illness but managing this whilst sat atop 1 ton of powerful and unpredictable beast.

Proper job.
Post edited at 20:19
Gone for good 18 Dec 2016
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

And enjoying every second of it!
 Chris Harris 18 Dec 2016

> The triump of mind and body over adversity. Not only beating a horrendous illness but managing this whilst sat atop 1 ton of powerful and unpredictable beast.

> Proper job.

Seconded, though I think it may be giving her too much credit to suggest she's beaten her illness. Coped with it admirably and not let it beat her, but not beaten it.
 BnB 18 Dec 2016

Very impressed by that young lady. And a maths hotshot in the city to boot. Massive respect.
In reply to Chris Harris:

> Seconded, though I think it may be giving her too much credit to suggest she's beaten her illness. Coped with it admirably and not let it beat her, but not beaten it.

Medically, perhaps, but it depends on your definition of 'beating' in this context. My view is that she is not letting it set her agenda and she achieves despite it. She's beating it, for now, in my eyes.

Kudos Sophie. Keep doing what you're doing.
 Yanis Nayu 18 Dec 2016

Indeed, very, very impressive woman.
 Mal Grey 18 Dec 2016

Totally agree. She's brilliant, and the ever-present smile is the icing on the cake.

Gone for good 18 Dec 2016

Well done Andy Murray and well deserved winner.
In reply to Gone for good:

> Well done Andy Murray and well deserved winner.

Mr No Personality

Brilliant that Brownlee and Skelton got the recognition that they deserve for having some personality rather than being a mardy-arse git who couldn't even be bothered to be there
Moley 19 Dec 2016
In reply to exiled_northerner:

> Mr No Personality

> Brilliant that Brownlee and Skelton got the recognition that they deserve for having some personality rather than being a mardy-arse git who couldn't even be bothered to be there

I think Murray has quite a good sense of humour, in a rather dry way. It might be a bit too subtle for you to pick up, being a northerner.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...