/ REVIEW: Mostly Mischief by HW Tilman

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Mostly Mischief montage, 3 kbIn this reprint of one of HW Tilman's nautical books, he voyages through ice-choked polar seas in a tiny wooden boat in search of mountains far off the radar. Alex Roddie likes the cut of his jib.

Read more
no_more_scotch_eggs - on 30 Dec 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

great review Alex- if i was to pick one Tilman book, would this one be the best place to start...?

best wishes
gregor
Jim Hamilton - on 30 Dec 2016
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

> great review Alex- if i was to pick one Tilman book, would this one be the best place to start...?

One of the compilation books - seven mountain travel or eight sailing - preferably both.
Trangia - on 30 Dec 2016
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

> great review Alex- if i was to pick one Tilman book, would this one be the best place to start...?

>

I've read them all the 7 Mountaineering Books and the 8 sailing books. Fantastic tales of adventure beautifully written and totally absorbing.

"Mostly Mischief" was my first and it got me hooked.
pasbury on 10 Jan 2017

Tilman's sailing books are all great stuff, it's hard to imagine now how isolated he & the crew were and how utterly self reliant they had to be.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Dave - on 11 Jan 2017

All his books are a good read. An amazing life he had. I'm hoping to sail to Greenland in the summer and was just thumbing through his books again..

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.