UKC

Petzl or Mammut Boulder mats

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sean1 04 Jan 2017
Hello,
Has anyone had any experiences with either the Petzl Cirro or Alto mats? Durability,etc.?
And also either the Mammut Slam or Crashlano mats?
Thank you in advance for any help.
 unicycleboy 04 Jan 2017
In reply to sean1:

I've got a petzl alto. I don't have anything to compare it to apart from an alpkit phud but the petzl is laying better than the phud (I would hope so with the price difference!).

I've only had the petzl for a few months, probably twenty or so bouldering sessions on it so can't comment on long term durability but so far it's holding up well, my one worry is the zip which holds it folded. However the guy in the ship I got it from said he hadn't had any problems with the zip after a couple of years of use.

Overall I think it's a good mat and I'm happy with mine and so far haven't had any regrets.
OP sean1 05 Jan 2017
In reply to unicycleboy:

Thanks for the reply unicycleboy. The zipper is the main issue I have also. Zippers and dirt. Reading different reviews have all said that the construction is well made with good materials but the zipper was the question. I think you have settle my reservation. What is it like on repeated sit starts and short falls cushioning?

unicycleboy 08 Jan 2017
In reply to sean1:

having it 'soft' was up I find you bottom out very quickly and easily so only really use it the 'normal' way up. I had it out the other day and it took around 20 falls (on feet) from around 5 foot within an hour and seemed fine. Can be a bit jarring if you land on your bum from very low, but nothing bad really.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...