UKC

waxwings

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mick taylor 05 Jan 2017
Anyone else been lucky enough to spot any? Bit of an invasion this year, and a small flock has been eating Rowan berries near Wigan town centre for last couple of weeks. They are scattered all over the place, but doubt I will beat my record of 350 in Moss Side the other year !!
 Darron 05 Jan 2017
In reply to mick taylor:

Flock of 60 in Crewe this week.
 poppydog 05 Jan 2017
In reply to mick taylor:

I live near orchards (in the flattest part of the UK) and saw some this afternoon walking the dog. I was walking the dog, not them!!
 JEF 05 Jan 2017
In reply to mick taylor:
Only saw the first redwings today in Cambs, no waxwings for a few years.
In reply to mick taylor:

Quite a few around the North Wales coast this year, particularly St Asaph Fotball club where there was a flock of 60 or so along with redwings and a Black throated thrush.
 RyanOsborne 05 Jan 2017
In reply to mick taylor:

Apparently some around in Manc, but have only been in the city centre during daylight hours, so haven't got out to see any yet, this weekend for sure. Saw some redwings yesterday afternoon though.

I showed a guy at work what a waxwing was expecting 'ah wow, what a bird!' and he went 'meh, looks a bit like Adele'.
 ring ouzel 05 Jan 2017
In reply to mick taylor:

Had some 2 doors up from me about 3 weeks ago then I found another flock of about 20 yesterday. Lots around the Highlands at the moment.
 ScottTalbot 06 Jan 2017
In reply to mick taylor:

I haven't seen them this far south for a few years now. It's been a bit too mild of late.
 whenry 06 Jan 2017
In reply to mick taylor:

Lots in Gloucestershire at the moment.
 PATTISON Bill 06 Jan 2017
In reply to mick taylor:

Some in Blackburn town center on Wednesday.Keswick before Xmas..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...