Equip Outdoor Technologies UK Ltd specialise in the design, contract manufacture and supply of imported technical outdoor clothing and equipment under two leading aspirational brands - Rab and Lowe Alpine. Due to the Company’s continued growth we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Import Merchandiser to join our professional Buying team based at our Head Office in Alfreton, Derbyshire (close to junction 28 on the M1)
Reporting to the Senior Merchandiser, the main purpose of the role is to manage stock targets taking into account both raw materials and finished goods stock levels, working closely with suppliers in the Far East and other internal departments.
• React to changes in demand and logistics in such a way as to minimize the impact on the business.
• Analyse trends and liaise with internal parties to predict future patterns and buy responsibly and with budgetary factors, inventory levels, and relationship with factory at the heart of your decisions.
• Maintain and develop relationships with the supplier base.
• Develop a close relationship with other departments to ensure supply is kept as efficient as possible.
• Maximise inventory availability whilst minimizing stock holding of both raw materials (in conjunction with the Fabric Specialist) and finished goods.
• Raise purchase orders with suppliers as well as being responsible for tracking progress
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Previous experience in a merchandising position is essential from a retail or import merchandising background
• Intermediate/advanced level knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft packages.
• Ideally educated to Degree level or hold a relevant qualification.
• Experience of using Navision or a similar ERP software would be an advantage.
• Knowledge or previous experience of working within a Supply Chain environment is desirable but not essential.
• Excellent organisational, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Conscientious and self-motivated and must be able to work within a team and on own initiative, with minimal supervision.
• Experience of dealing with far eastern suppliers would be advantageous.
If you are an experienced Merchandiser from either an import or retail environment looking to progress into a production based environment, please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to Lee Jones, HR Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
No Agencies Please
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st January 2017