UKC

A monster calls

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilkie14c 13 Jan 2017
Saw this tonight with my 12yo daughter and it had her blubbing, I'll admit to a tear in my own eye.
Be under no illusions, this isn't your regular kids film, read a few reviews (IMDB / Rotten tomatoes) if you are thinking of taking your kids to see it and decide if suitable. I didn't however I think I'd have still taken my daughter who is quite mature for her age.
It used be a case of teaching kids about death meant buying them a goldfish or rabbit and waiting for the enevitable and that was it. The film follows an adolescent lad, too old to be a kid yet too young to be a man, come to terms with his mothers terminal illness and his own guilty feelings. Not all stories have a happy ending but despite this it sparked interesting conversation on the way home and I know daughterling will be chattering away at school tomorrow about it.
Darkly captivating that deals with an ugly subject. Highly recommended
 angry pirate 13 Jan 2017
In reply to wilkie14c:

How "mature" is it? My eldest is 8 and is a sensitive and fairly mature soul: he cried after the Star Wars the force awakens film after a fairly major character died and is known to soul search far more than his jaded old dad.
OP wilkie14c 13 Jan 2017
In reply to angry pirate:

i'm not sure if it'd be suitable for an 8 yo, only you can make that call. perhaps see if we get anymore posts here and see what others who've seen it think
 angry pirate 13 Jan 2017
In reply to wilkie14c:

Thanks for the reply. If you don't think it's suitable then that's probably the right call. Of the two 12 certificate films I've seen recently that I'd considered #1son for, force awakens was fine, batman vs superman was certainly not.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...