UKC

£600 to spend on a camera . .Which one though ??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Newbuild100 14 Jan 2017
I have always used a D50 Nikon, ands whilst I realise this is now considered "old hat", I have to say im still pleased with results get from it. (its a darn good advert for nikon too. I drop it, it rolls about in the boot of the car blah blah, and it still it keeps going)
However, ive a few quid burning a hole in my pocket and im looking for something smaller and lighter perhaps, and something that will predominantly be used in the hills etc (ie, not indoor stuff). (I arent bothered about a video on it either)

Trouble is, its a nightmare trying to choose these days (things have moved on somewhat !). The Sony A6000 looks good and is kinda top of my list so far. I realise theres other posts on here about it, but should i look at something else for that kind of money.
Any advice/opinions would be helpful

Thanks all
 George Fisher 14 Jan 2017
In reply to Newbuild100:

I got pretty deep into this process. Didn't get anything in the end and spent it on a flight to Colorado but I was pretty much set on a Fuji xt10 and 16-50 (or 18-55 if budget allows). The cheap 16-50 gets good reviews for a kit lens and is a bit wider which for landscape might be the ticket.

Removed User 14 Jan 2017
In reply to Newbuild100:

Spend 100-150 and buy £450 worth of shares with the rest. You will still get perfect photos as good as you can take.
OP Newbuild100 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Removed User:

Banker !
 SouthernSteve 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Newbuild100:

Do you have one or two lenses for your current camera or a drawer full. The new Nikon SLRs are faster focus and much bigger images - you can fill disks up quite quickly! If you have a number of lenses the Nikon D5300 looks a decent upgrade but may not be that much lighter! Otherwise there is so much choice you will be best searching through the reviews. You could get something much smaller and keep both.
OP Newbuild100 15 Jan 2017
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Yes, I have a couple of lenses for the D50 here !!
 The Lemming 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Newbuild100:

> I have always used a D50 Nikon, ands whilst I realise this is now considered "old hat",

I too had a Nikon d50, and loved it. I upgraded to a Nikon D5000, which as also been superseded by upgrades. That camera never let me down even after over 200,000 shitter clicks. I got all giddy doing Time Lapse projects.

If your current batch of Nikon lenses have internal focus motors then I would definitely recommend the latest Nikon D5300 variant.

Saying all that, I have now moved to mirror-less cameras. Not for any particular reason other than to try new technology. I have to say that I quite like a lighter camera too.

SouthernSteve 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Newbuild100:

The Lemming is correct to check that the older lenses are compatible. The D50 focused the lens from the body if needed, whereas more modern cameras rely on a motor in the lens. HTH

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...