UKC

Getting too busy during peak?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RJP 19 Jan 2017
Hi

When I first got into indoor bouldering whilst at uni, it used to be busy at peak times but you could still get on with things. Now four years on I find the centres too busy at peak times, practically queing for one problem often and having people pretending to be the crash mat everywhere.

Is it only off peak like during working hours that these places are okay now?
 Dandan 19 Jan 2017
In reply to RJP:

Don't worry, there'll be another open next door soon.
 snoop6060 19 Jan 2017
In reply to RJP:

The wall is busy in the evening and weekends in the middle of a really wet winter. I'm absolutely astounded, they should have a name for such times. Oh wait...
 Timmd 19 Jan 2017
In reply to RJP:

You could warn people they risk being landed on?
OP RJP 19 Jan 2017
In reply to zimpara:

> Are you the same guy who complained about no parking available for him the Llanberis pass?

> Aww doodums

I have no idea what you are on about but you've not come across very well.

In reply to Timmd, sometimes but not always doable as you can imagine when you're about to ping off and people have camped out below.

Anyway, I made a comment about an observation. To then have the piss taken by two people I have no idea who they are or never met means I shan't bother posting in the future. Got better things to do thanks.
 planetmarshall 19 Jan 2017
In reply to RJP:

> Anyway, I made a comment about an observation. To then have the piss taken by two people I have no idea who they are or never met...

Welcome to The Internet.
 Greasy Prusiks 19 Jan 2017
In reply to RJP:

It does tend to get busy at peak times.

Personally I like the atmosphere so I've never really had problem with it. It's less appealing if you want to train doing circuits or something.

I wouldn't bother yourself with the other comments, I'd be amazed if they were intended maliciously.
 stp 25 Jan 2017
In reply to RJP:
I sympathize. Some walls are worse than others but if you can climb off peak it's obviously better to - and usually cheaper too. I hate crowded walls, and bouldering walls are worse than lead, not least because of all the chalk dust.

As for the piss takers you'll notice one comment has been deleted by mods. And yes they're a pain sometimes - insecure people who need to put others down to feel better about themselves. Best to just ignore.
Post edited at 23:25
 stp 25 Jan 2017
In reply to planetmarshall:
> Welcome to The Internet.

Erm no. Welcome to UKC more like. Not every internet forum has as many rude posters as this one. You've only got to go as far as UKB to see a considerable improvement.
Post edited at 23:24
 Bulls Crack 27 Jan 2017
In reply to snoop6060:

What wet winter?
 Scarab9 27 Jan 2017
In reply to RJP:

I dislike crowded bouldering walls too. Don't know what can be done though since the majority of people want to go at the same time. If you do the same then you know what you're letting yourself in for. Given how dead most are the moment peak time is over I certainly wouldn't expect the walls to restrict people, they need the money when they can get it
 AlanLittle 27 Jan 2017
In reply to Scarab9:

All that's needed is a way to ensure that only the person being landed on gets hurt. Then they would soon learn.
 Scarab9 27 Jan 2017
In reply to AlanLittle:

> All that's needed is a way to ensure that only the person being landed on gets hurt. Then they would soon learn.

So either you've never made a mistake in your life or thankfully have been battered and are in a full body cast but follow hard earned experience?
 AlanLittle 27 Jan 2017
In reply to Scarab9:

So you are a pompous ass with no sense of humour?
 bouldery bits 27 Jan 2017
In reply to AlanLittle and Scarab9:

Handbags!

Fight!

Tear at each other's virtual flesh!

KILL! KILL!!!

Jeez...

Scarab9 28 Jan 2017
In reply to AlanLittle:

> So you are a pompous ass with no sense of humour?

plenty. hence the smiley. I was taking the piss out of you for such a dumb comment
(mostly responded for bouldery bits's amusement )
 alx 28 Jan 2017
In reply to Scarab9:

I am 92kg and terrified of landing on someone at the boulder wall, they would quite literally snap, whilst I'm likely to walk away and see another day

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...