UKC

After some warm boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dheorl 23 Jan 2017
I'm currently in the process of buying new boots and have been trying on a whole bunch, with La Sportiva Nepal Cubes and Hanwag Sirius II currently vying for top spot. The Nepals edge it on comfort I think, but are a lot more expensive.

The thing is I'm still wary of needing B3 boots. I've had B2s for years and comfortably done everything from British scrambles to Alpine glacier trudges in them and am not sure I need more support. I'm not planning on anything above a III atm, with a lot more still just being trudging to peaks.

This spring though I'm hoping to do some of the higher Cascades so temperature is of a concern, especially for someone who always feels the cold (hence the boots I've been looking at). I'm wondering what more "trekking' orientated boots there are that will keep my feet warm though, or of any comparisons regarding warmth between the boots I've been looking at.

As the Nepal Cubes fit so well I'm wondering about the Nepal Trek. Does anyone have any experience with these or can recommend any similar boots?

Many thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...