UKC

Three Way HDMI Switch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 25 Jan 2017

We've got a three way HDMI switch to enable us to connect a Fire Stick to the tv. On it there is a) the on/off indicator light and then three other lights which indicate whichever HDMI(1, 2 or 3) "channel" we are using. We have ab IR remote to select 1, 2 or 3.

The problem is that this seems to be affected by the tv remote and we sometimes find that the HDMI selection changes when it shouldn't do and we have to reselt whichever one we want.

Anyone know anything about these things please?
Post edited at 19:57
OP FesteringSore 25 Jan 2017
Urgent Bump please
Lusk 25 Jan 2017
In reply to FesteringSore:

Why don't you ask people who know these things, instead of a load of people who think they know these things ...
https://www.avforums.com/

I sussed out how to fix my hi-fi amp once by going on there.
In reply to FesteringSore:

The problem is probably that the HDMI switch is either using a similar IR protocol to the TV, or is using a very basic protocol (e.g. a simple 'advance only', round-robin (1-2-3-1-2-3...) controller that takes any old IR pulse).

If it's a protocol problem, I'd try each of the TV remote buttons in turn (turn the TV off), and see which of them is causing the problem. At least you'll know not to touch them...

Does the HDMI remote cause any change to the TV? If not, it's probably a pretty dumb protocol being used by the switch.

There's not too much you can do about it, barring physical separation. You might be able to reduce the sensitivity of the HDMI switch by adding an extra piece of IR filter material over its IR control window.
In reply to Lusk:

> Why don't you ask people who know these things, instead of a load of people who think they know these things ...

Like most forums, there will be people who think they know what they're talkiing about, and people who do know what they're talking about. Just like here.
OP FesteringSore 25 Jan 2017
In reply to captain paranoia:
Thanks, seems to be Maplins own brand
Post edited at 21:49

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...