UKC

Boot comparison- Kayland vs La Sportiva - opinions please!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Siobhan Brown 31 Jan 2017
Hi, I'm in need of a new pair of boots as my old faithfuls are disintegrating..... However unfortunately I'm on a tight budget! I wear my boots a lot in all weathers as I work outdoors and I do a lot of walking/climbing in all weathers. I've found two second hand in my price range, both that take a crampon. One is a la sportiva boot, doesn't say what type but it takes step in crampons. They are nuebuk. Look great. The other is a pair of Kayland B1 boots. Also look good.
However, I've never heard of kayland boots and reading up on them I've read mixed reviews. Some love them, one said they weren't waterproof at all. Can anyone recommend either boot? I know it's hard with the little info. I'm a size four with quite narrow feet (apparently kayland boots are a wider fit?).

Thanks in advance!
 wbo 31 Jan 2017
In reply to Siobhan Brown: the ones I've seen have been good quality, very sturdy and rather heavy

Removed User 31 Jan 2017
In reply to Siobhan Brown:

If you are spending any time at all in them then get the ones that fit. FWIW I have pretty narrow feet and Sportivas tend to fit me. Can't comment on Kayland.
 TobyA 31 Jan 2017

Kayland make great boots, but if you don't know what either of the models are no one can give you useful advice, as both brands make loads of models for different things.
 Welsh Kate 31 Jan 2017

I've had several pairs of Kayland boots, they all leaked in the end, but they were all fabric with an event liner, and I find liners always go in the end. But I bought 3 pairs of the same boot because I loved them so much, really comfy, very grippy on rock and a perfect all-round hillwalking and easy scrambling boot.

No good for you though if they don't fit, they're possibly a bit less narrow fitting than La Sportiva.
OP Siobhan Brown 01 Feb 2017
Thanks for the advice everyone, unfortunately I can't just try them on as they are second hand. And I've looked to see if anyone stocks Kayland to go try some on to get an idea but unfortunately not.
But I appreciate everyone's views. It was more to get an idea on Kayland as a brand as I've never heard of them before.
Cheers!
 nniff 01 Feb 2017

Kayland is a mainstream Italian brand that doesn't sell actively to the UK. They're available through Bergzeit and most commonly in the UK via Sportpursuit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...