UKC

Car Hire warning Atlas cars/Aloc car hire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jim 1003 05 Feb 2017

Atlas car hire went into liquidation around January. I booked a car with them in September 2016 ,with no issues, in Geneva, (the home of car hire rip offs).
I was checking my Santander credit card bill for December and surprised to see a bill for 247 Swiss Francs from Aloc cars for 23/12/16 at Geneva. I wasn't abroad since Novemeber and that was in Spain and have never hired a car from Aloc.
I phoned them to query it, and was told that because Atlas had gone bust owning them money they were recharging the customers. I tried to get an email explaining this or a proper bill but but couldn't.
I phoned Santander MasterCard who refunded the charge within 48 hours, this was because they have had hundreds of calls. Very good service from them.
However, the point of the post is that if I hadn't noticed it then I would not have been refunded.
I hire cars abroad 6-7 times a year, and it has now got to the stage with rip offs for damage or other things that I am going to cancel my card immediately after each hire. I did mention this to Santander master card and the guy said there was so many issues all credit card companies have a separate section dealing with car hire rip offs.
Needless to say I also had the credit card re-issued.
Post edited at 12:23

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...