UKC

Good links for anaerobic/ aerobic training sessions at wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yorkieboy 06 Feb 2017
Struggling at the minute to make and keep a good training plan (2-3 times a week)
Any links/blogs that would be good to check out? Many thanks
 alx 06 Feb 2017
In reply to Yorkieboy:

Google has a lot of links on this topic
OP Yorkieboy 06 Feb 2017
In reply to alx:

Really...wow i never knew
 alx 06 Feb 2017
In reply to Yorkieboy:

To be frank if you outsourcing doing any actual thinking I wish you all the best interpreting training articles.

UKC fitclub post has training articles linked, UKC is full of articles in the training section. Trainingbeta website is dedicated to this, Eric Horst website, rock and ice, ukbouldering, Dave MacLeod website.......................

I could also point out that you have asked for articles on training two diametrically opposed energy systems, I assume your planning on using a non-linear periodisation training cycle in which case I would recommend you listen to Tom Randall's trainingbeta podcast.

Spengler 06 Feb 2017
In reply to Yorkieboy:

Good little series from the lattice folks on epic TV just recently. Some good ideas for different endurance sessions.

http://m.epictv.com/media/series-home/lattice-trainings-epic-series/500525
 stp 06 Feb 2017
In reply to Yorkieboy:

Generally it's said it's better to train the different energy systems at different times to avoid 'interference'. So you could train both in the same day but one in the morning and one in the evening for instance. But if you can only climb 2 or 3 times per week I'd be tempted to leave the aerobic stuff and just concentrate on strength training. How you go about that is going to depend a lot on what facilities you have available to you: eg. good bouldering wall, a lead wall, a normal gym, fingerboard, rings, bars etc. There's a massive range of options.

In addition to the sites mentioned I'd also add Power Company Climbing (www.powercompanyclimbing.com) which has a lot of good podcasts and a bit more geeky in depth than the TrainingBeta ones.

Mani the Monkey's Youtube channel also has a lot of good stuff on it: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvkGOw5JmJ3TPdXNiEFwq6Q

There's the Anderson bros site: rockclimberstrainingmanual.com which has a fair amount of stuff on.

There's climbing.com (from the US mag) which has load of stuff on including a new series of training articles starting this week:
http://www.climbing.com/skills/learn-to-train-a-complete-guide-to-climbing-...
http://www.climbing.com/skills/climbing-training-increase-your-power/

Climbstrong.com has some stuff for free but most stuff is pay for ($10 pcm) so a bit pricey imo.

Finally don't forget this site (UKC), lots of stuff in the forums as well as many good articles from the past.

I'm sure there are a few more but I lost all my newsfeeds last week when I changed my newsreader and not recovered everything yet.
OP Yorkieboy 06 Feb 2017
In reply to alx:

Cheers....i only asked because searching and trying to find any good in all the crap online was doing my nut in...you thought of answering every post on here with 'look on google'? Could save people trouble eh? Clever c*nt
 alx 07 Feb 2017
In reply to Yorkieboy:

Hi Yorkie, your original post didn't mention this, it would have helped.

Since assessing different sources seems to be the challenge I would suggest you stump up the cash and get a plan from a reputable trainer.

Alternatively I would recommend the Anderson brothers book the Rock Climbers training manual it comes with lots of training plans per your climbing discipline and a training log you can pull out and complete.

Whatever you choose, give it at least six weeks commitment before making a decision if it's working for you.

alx 07 Feb 2017
In reply to stp:
Quote stp: "But if you can only climb 2 or 3 times per week I'd be tempted to leave the aerobic stuff and just concentrate on strength training. "

Completely agree with this, bouldering and strength training will build you what you want, just follow it up with 4-6 weeks of tedious endurance training before you hit the sport climbs.
Post edited at 18:52

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...