UKC

What Size Hire Car?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GStone 22 Feb 2017
4 of us are heading to Benidorm for some winter sun, and I'm pondering what size hire car for 4 people, all with 15KG hold luggage and hand luggage.

Is a Ford C max big enough?
 Scott K 22 Feb 2017
In reply to GStone:
Should be. My mum had one and it is pretty big inside. You can also fold one rear seat down if you need more space. The only time you need the space is to and from the airport.
At least you haven't made the mistake I did. Booked a small car for 4 of us completely forgetting about luggage. Got a punto and had to stack suitcases between the kids on the back seat!
 Rick Graham 22 Feb 2017
In reply to GStone:

Hire a Berlingo multispace, swallows for more than Easyjet can.

If they have not got one in the vehicle pool, you can demand a humongous estate car as a substitute.
 Paul Hy 22 Feb 2017
In reply to GStone:

had a cmax two years ago for 4 guys to Costa Blanca did the job and some, also the Multispace will do nicely.
 Darron 22 Feb 2017
In reply to GStone:

Check out the hire cost of 2 basic cars - may well be cheaper. Don't forget to buy excess insurance here before you go. As regards fuel a 'full to full' deal usually works out cheaper than full to empty.
 Mark F 23 Feb 2017
In reply to GStone:

I've hired cars for a group of 4 every year for the past 10 years or so. If available at a sensible price, I normally go for an estate - an Octavia is perfect, but the smaller estates, such as Renault Megane and Ford Focus, are generally fine. Otherwise, any intermediate-size car should be ok. I've never tried one but I would say the C-Max looks ideal.

I usually book through www.rentalcars.com. The prices are usually quite good and they allow you to book up front and just pay a deposit.

I agree with the advice that you should take out separate excess insurance (available online for as little as £2/day). We were hit with a bill for £250 last summer for a tiny scratch on the hire car. The insurance company paid up without question.
 DamonRoberts 23 Feb 2017
In reply to GStone:

Our club rented a fleet of Fiestas this Christmas from Autoclick in Alicante. I opted for a Focus Estate and it was a bit more spacious and comfier and only £16 more for the week, but even with 5 per car the Fiestas managed fine. The trip from the airport is gonna be a bit tight no matter what.
 Sam Mayfield 24 Feb 2017
In reply to GStone:

whatever car you hire DO NOT GO TO CARRAFOUR with your bags inside guys!

A real team of people waiting to breakin and steal bags from tourists! Makes us mightly angry as been going on for years and they dont seem to care!

Rant over

Sam Orange House

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...