UKC

Stuff wot I've bin watchin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilkie14c 25 Feb 2017
Had a busy week of tellybox

TV
This country
on the iplayer. Daft mocumentry that had us in stitches. 3 episodes so far, scarecrow, tattoo and pizza. If you've half an hour to spare give it a try.

Taboo
Season finale tonight.
Dark and devious period drama. I have a use for you!

Sneaky Pete
Amazon Prime (or 'other') means
With Brian Cranson starring it was gonna be a big ask after breaking bad but after a slow start to set the scene it was really good overall, hoping for a season 2

Movie
Allied - WW2 Brad Pitt
better than expected, love story sort of, following a canadian air man who falls for a member of the french resistance and brings her back to London. 7/10
 elsewhere 25 Feb 2017
In reply to wilkie14c:
Walter Presents - loads of stuff but "Son of a bitch" and "Tony's Revenge" recently.
 Yanis Nayu 25 Feb 2017
In reply to wilkie14c:

The Bridge. Almost as good as the first series of The Killing, and head and shoulders above anything else I've watched. Saga Noren is the best character in TV ever, and the actress (Sofia Helin?) is amazing.
 Tom Valentine 25 Feb 2017
In reply to elsewhere:

Some good stuff on Walter presents.

In reply to Yanis Nayu:

You've obviously got a thing about women who change T shirts in the office, drive classic cars and chew tobacco.....
 Yanis Nayu 25 Feb 2017
In reply to Tom Valentine:

Yo <nods>
 elsewhere 25 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:
The bridge - I thought the story didn't quite hang together but you're right Saga Noren is a fantastic character.

ThunderCat 25 Feb 2017
In reply to wilkie14c:

Yeah... Binge watched taboo over two days and liked it.

Tried to find a new box set for me and the missus to watch and got recommended boardwalk empire. Got as far as episode three and got bored.
OP wilkie14c 25 Feb 2017
In reply to ThunderCat:

yes i got bored with boardwalk too, just too slow. try 'banshee' if not already done it
In reply to ThunderCat:

There's one called Quarry on Sky, very quirky but very good.
 DD72 25 Feb 2017
In reply to wilkie14c:

I'm quite enjoying Fortitude, thanks for the tip on Sneaky Pete
 ThunderCat 25 Feb 2017
In reply to DD72:

Fortitude is another one I just could not get into. Something about the pacing of it...can't quite put my finger on it but couldn't stick with it.

Vikings is very good. I'm liking that.
 Bobling 25 Feb 2017
In reply to wilkie14c:

Started Westworld last weekend, three episodes in and very impressed. Visually stunning, very slick and raises lots of interesting thoughts that about AI ethics that are not going to go away. I also enjoyed the original film back when I was a lad!

Enjoying Taboo too - as you say I have a use for you!
OP wilkie14c 25 Feb 2017
In reply to Bobling:

ah westworld, it's on my to do list
 Blue Straggler 28 Feb 2017
In reply to wilkie14c:
> Allied - WW2 Brad Pitt
> better than expected, love story sort of, following a canadian air man who falls for a member of the french resistance
> and brings her back to London. 7/10

I gave it 8.5 or even 9. 7/10 seems to be global consensus. Just thought it was a cracking little story, quite old fashioned type of film - gorgeous visuals and very good performances. Couple of implausibilities but that goes with the territory. Unfortunately for me the trailer had sort of given away an important plot point which I assumed would come early in the film but it doesn't come until about an hour in, so I spent the first hour waiting for "that trailer moment". Can't blame the film for that but my enjoyment of it was spoiled. Sent my parents to see it and to avoid reading any synopsis beforehand. They loved it.
Surprised that the studio decided it would be a bit of a flop before even giving it a chance, so the publicity (even the actual artworkd) was minimal and weak, and the release date was useless.

OP wilkie14c 28 Feb 2017
In reply to Blue Straggler:
7/10 is really an 8/10 as i've never given anything a perfect 10!
A cure for wellness looks interesting, lego batman was pretty funny with lots of adult jokes and references to the old, 70s batman tv series. next cinema date will be beauty and the beast with mini-me, not out for a fortnight though
Post edited at 11:32

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...