UKC

Remote Access Tools (Free)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Malt_Loaf 27 Feb 2017
Hello All,

I have a client that I need to access their accounting software from my home office (they're not on a cloud based system), their previous accountant used LogMeIn but it's now chargeable. Anyone got any experience of free alternatives that are decent?

TeamViewer seems decent?

Thanks,
ML
 Jack_Marshall 27 Feb 2017
In reply to Malt_Loaf:

technically only Non-commercial use of Team Viewer is free of charge, but that said its probably the best remote tool out there, the commercial licenses aren't mega expensive
OP Malt_Loaf 27 Feb 2017
In reply to Jack_Marshall:
Even still, £30 per month for a single client is a little annoying! But technically it would be commercial use so could be in a bit of bother..

ML
Post edited at 18:48
 Jack_Marshall 27 Feb 2017
In reply to Malt_Loaf:

I know what you mean, also day to day work over teamviewer might be pretty tough, I use it for support work, I couldn't cope with doing things like spreadsheet manipulation over it. A VPN and something that provides a richer remote desktop (VNC or Remote Desktop Connection) would be nicer, but would involve more effort in setting up

OpenVPN free to use for 2 clients, and Remote Desktop Connection free with windows non home editions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...