UKC

Wales conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Emily_pipes 08 Mar 2017
We're heading to Snowdonia this coming weekend. Does anyone have a conditions report? How much (or how little) winter should we expect?

Cheers!
 The Potato 08 Mar 2017
In reply to Emily_pipes:

I was on the carneddau on monday night and it was thick soft snow, hard going. From what I could see this morning much of that has been rained off, and looks similar on the snowdon range also. I think its meant to be milder this coming weekend, so Id focus on waterproofs and perhaps poles for stability if its slippery.
 rockcatch 08 Mar 2017
In reply to Emily_pipes:

I've just been up Drum (770m on the coast) and there was no snow on it worth talking about. I could see some bigger patches on Foel Fras, but from the temperature those will have been melting. There is significantly less snow than yesterday.
Noo Noo 08 Mar 2017
A lot of rain here last night but quite warm and bright today.

Some snow on the higher peaks but I cant see it lasting for long. Might still be around over the weekend though.

Be prepared form more rain. The weather is all over the place at the moment
 jethro kiernan 08 Mar 2017
In reply to Emily_pipes:

On the Glyders today and what was left of the snow was disappearing quickly :-/
OP Emily_pipes 09 Mar 2017
In reply to jethro kiernan:

So not worth schlepping the winter gear down from Scotland? Or still worthwhile bringing it? I'll have five people (including driver) crammed in the car, so it would be nice to not have to bring axes and crampons if not needed.
 jethro kiernan 09 Mar 2017
In reply to Emily_pipes:

there is still a bit of white stuff hanging around but its warm and the forecast is for it to stay warm so for most stuff i doubt it will be needed, certainly the ice axe and crampons were ballast yesterday.
 r1ch79 10 Mar 2017
In reply to Emily_pipes:

if your looking for winter nick and your in scotland

stay there.........

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...