UKC

Cheap outdoor clothing (RAB, Patagonia etc)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
JudePadfield 17 Mar 2017
Hi,

I'm looking at some cheap gear like RAB and patagonia brands. Any good places to get it from that are cheap and reliable? Many thanks.

Jude
 climbwhenready 17 Mar 2017
In reply to JudePadfield:

If you're after cheap, RAB and Patagonia are not cheap brands.
In reply to climbwhenready:

Rab Kit can be found easily online at cheap or Reasonable Sale Prices, however Cheap & Patagucci Kit don't usually go in the same sentence!

Sports Pursuit can be good at times need to be quick, Go outdoors price Match Rab so potentially could be 10% cheaper, & ukc for sale forum is good for Rab Kit......
 Greasy Prusiks 17 Mar 2017

Cheap? Rab?

Blimey.
 bpmclimb 17 Mar 2017

> Hi,I'm looking at some cheap gear like RAB and patagonia brands. Any good places to get it from that are cheap and reliable? Many thanks.Jude

The situation with discounts changes all the time, and any significant discounts publicised on a public forum are likely to have a short shelf life! Best to do some regular Googling of your own, I reckon.
 beh 17 Mar 2017

Decathlon might better fit your description of cheap and reliable, if I had to start from scratch I'd happily buy everything from there.

If you're not in any hurry to buy looking 2nd hand is worthwhile. These forums are particularly good or even ebay if you know what you're searching for.
 girlymonkey 17 Mar 2017

If the brands are less important to you than cheap and good quality, then Decathlon does some very good and cheap kit. The Simond stuff is particularly good value for money. Some of the stuff is less good (I doubt I would buy waterproofs from there, for example), but trousers, fleeces, rucksacks have all lasted me well.
 girlymonkey 17 Mar 2017
In reply to beh:

Ha ha, I was writing my post as you posted that! Great minds think alike
 Dandan 17 Mar 2017

I'm guessing Jude will miraculously come up with a link to a site selling suspiciously cheap Rab and Patagonia products any minute now...
 Jeff Ingman 17 Mar 2017

If you are based in the east midlands then Rab gear is available from their factory shop on Wednesday and Thursday lunch time and early afternoon - I think the opening times are on the website. I've seen some good discounts available on high quality gear.
JudePadfield 17 Mar 2017
In reply to Dandan:

Sadly not, thats why I asked! I'm no scam artist
In reply to Dandan:

Check her profile; i think you are going to be disappointed.

I take that you are actually looking for quality items at cheap prices. If you told us what items you are actually looking for, you might get more useful answers. Base layer? Mid layer? Shell? Overlayer? Trousers?
JudePadfield 18 Mar 2017
In reply to captain paranoia:

Mostly some climbing trousers that are tough and durable and able to deal with the outdoor crags

Well, you don't really need expensive named brands for that. Any trousers that fit, with unrestricted movement (good cut or stretch fabric), and fairly narrow ankles (so you can see your feet) are all you really need.

Have a search on the forums; trousers are frequently discussed.

I'd go for a robust nylon, rather than cotton.

These are a pretty decent, lightweight, but fairly robust fabric, and currently only £20:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/forclaz-500-womens-walking-trousers-grey-id_833...
Post edited at 00:15

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...