UKC

Expanding feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Babika 20 Mar 2017
I get endless blisters in both my regular walking boots and my B3's (Nepal Extremes) and life becomes a circle of compeed, pre-taping, bursting blisters, different socks......bla bla.

So a friend says "the answer is new boots"

Finally got around to it this weekend in North Wales where both Cotswold Camping and Joe Browns measured me at 2 Euro sizes bigger than the size I'm actually wearing, even though these boots were fitted in proper shops!

This has come as a bit of a shock - and probably explains the blisters and the desire to keep choosing larger rock shoes.

So my street shoe size hasn't changed, but my mountain boot measurement has.

Has anyone else experienced expanding feet? Or are Sportiva, Scarpa etc changing the sizing???
 Solaris 20 Mar 2017
In reply to Babika:

Expanding feet? Yes, me too. 41 in rock shoes (Mythos), 42 in approach shoes and running shoes, 43 in Nepal Extremes, and now been measured at 45 for a new pair of walking boots (Altberg).

I suspect it's partly that my feet have got a bit bigger owing to the increasing amount of time I've been using them (aka, in simple English, age!), and also trying boots on soon after walking rather than when not having done so. But it's also due to really careful, detailed measurement. Time will tell as to whether 45 is genuine: I'm having the Altbergs made specially (without the Sympatex lining), and only had an extended try-on in the shop.

One significant thing I've noticed after wearing properly width-fitted Altbergs is that, contrary to what I had thought, Nepal Extremes are actually pretty wide at the forefoot, though narrower than Scarpas at the heel.
OP Babika 20 Mar 2017
In reply to Solaris:

Glad its not just me.....!
cb294 21 Mar 2017
In reply to Babika:

It is called aging. Welcome to the club!

CB
 nniff 21 Mar 2017
In reply to Babika:

Ignore the size - that's just a number and your foot doesn't have to fit into it.

My Nepal Extremes are 46, worn with two pairs of thick socks and a volume reducer. My walking boots are 45, worn with one pair of thick socks and a liner. My rock shoes are something else (several different sizes, including two pairs that are the same model but half a size apart, and my street shoe size is 9.5. Various cycling shoes at 45, 45.5 or 44. I can't weear Specialized cycling shoes because their 45 is too small and their 46 is immense

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...