UKC

Quality Bouldering: REACH

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alx 24 Mar 2017
In reply to alx:

Great film. Thanks for the heads up.
 Fishmate 24 Mar 2017
In reply to alx:
Thanks for the nod alx. Great film and great inspiration for hitting the sandstone tomorrow. Good work Mr. Petts and enjoyed the slightly southern influence.
Post edited at 22:27
OP alx 25 Mar 2017
In reply to Fishmate:

Watching the sandstone stuff was frankly terrifying given its dried and packed kitty litter. Enjoyed watching Louie climbing in Magic Wood and using his feet as well
 Greasy Prusiks 25 Mar 2017
In reply to alx:

That was brilliant. Really refreshing to have a film about climbing and climbers rather than "the challenge" and all that bollocks.

Probably the closest a film has felt to going climbing IMO.
OP alx 25 Mar 2017
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

I agree. There was no close ups of people making coffee, yoga in a forest, long panning shots of people walking to the crag, meaningless drone footage, or talking about how dry humping a rock helps them be introspective.

Greasy Prusiks 25 Mar 2017
In reply to alx:

Definitely. I liked how some of the clips you weren't 100% sure if they completed the route and it really didn't matter.

It's interesting, I got the sense that most of the climbers were going to climb regardless of their talent if that makes sense? It wouldn't matter if they were working a V0 or wringing the water out of a V12 as long as they were on their limit.
 Fishmate 25 Mar 2017
In reply to alx:

As much as I love sandstone, dried and packed kitty litter is not a bad analogy. I was also reminded of the horror today standing underneath the route Matt solo's at Bowles. The boys got stones It was definitely good to watch an hours climbing film without the usual filler shots taking up a third of the film.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...