UKC

Friends of Pex Hill

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pekkie 29 Mar 2017
Last year I posted on UKC about problems at Pex Hill quarry with litter and bottle-smashing, and a lively discussion ensued. I live 10 minutes drive away and it is my local crag. One suggestion was that we set up a Friends of Pex Hill group whereby we could rapidly respond to problems and bring them to the attention of the nearby College and secondary schools (where many of the bottle-smashers originate around exam results time), the Council, the police etc. We could also organise clean-ups. We have taken up this suggestion and set up the group on facebook. We have already discussed positive action with the local parish council and the conservation volunteers (based in the hut next to the top car park). The quarry is in an almost pristine state at the moment but the recent warm weather will be bringing the scallies out of hibernation.
If you are interested in helping could you search facebook for Friends of Pex Hill and join, or you could email me at ptrewin@hotmail.com with your contact details (email and phone no.) and I will add you to the mailing list. At this stage our aim is to keep it informal with contact via email, phone and facebook.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...