UKC

PRESS RELEASE: Join the Arc’teryx Lakeland Revival 29th April, Sticklebarn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 14 Apr 2017
, 3 kbJoin us for the fourth Arc’teryx Lakeland Revival and help revive the spirit of Lake District climbing. The Lakeland Revival will kick off on the 29th April at the Arc’teryx Big Mountain Weekend located at the Sticklebarn, Langdale. This will be a weekend for celebrating the climbing and mountains in the Lake District, and bringing together the community.

Read more
 Jon Stewart 23 Apr 2017
In reply to UKC Gear:
Right then. No chat whatsoever on UKC about this? Who's going to the BBQ next week?

I am in desperate need of a new chalk bag, and so I will definitely be climbing whatever route Arc'teryx demand, no matter how gopping and vegetated, in order to obtain one without having to pay. Well maybe that isn't strictly true, but I'm really keen to get stuck into the routes and will need partners.

I've generally got Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays for ticking the Lakes unsung gems, around E1-3, so give us a shout on here if you're taking part.

Jon

Edit: just read that you don't get a chalkbag (clearly wishful thinking on my part), it's a t-shirt or a bloody beanie. That's that then, I'm not going to bother.
Post edited at 21:11
 Simon Caldwell 24 Apr 2017
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Arc'teryx chalk bags are carefully designed to spill as much chalk as possible into your rucksack, down the backs of your legs, etc. So you're not missing out.
In reply to UKC Gear:

The ticklist has the winter version of North West Climb instead of the summer version. Or is the media frenzy about snow this week actually going to come true?
 Roberttaylor 24 Apr 2017
In reply to UKC Gear:

I might take a carload of folk from Edinburgh for this...looks like a laugh.
In reply to Roberttaylor:

We're staying in Langdale this weekend, so will have to drive somewhere else to find some peace and quiet...
 toad 24 Apr 2017
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

> We're staying in Langdale this weekend, so will have to drive somewhere else to find some peace and quiet...

On a bank holiday weekend? Think you'll be driving quite a long way
 3leggeddog 24 Apr 2017
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Yup, a good weekend not to be in the langdale and a handy list of routes to avoid.
In reply to toad:

Honeypot climbing areas are often relatively quiet on bank holiday weekends, as everyone assumes they'll be busy and stays away...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...