UKC

NHS dental fees

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bimble 19 Apr 2017
I'm a bit confused (it may be the painkillers) about what I'm going to pay for NHS dentistry.

I went to a new practice today (my old one is 90mins away, I'd had enough of the drive) as a couple of my teeth had been hurting for the last week.
I was asked to pay £20.60 when I checked in, which I've never had to do prior to treatment before (the surgery borders a bit of a scrotey area so guessing they've had a few runners). As I understand it, that £20.60 covers Band 1 treatment (consultation etc)

As a result of the consultation, I'm back in next week for an extraction of an abcessed tooth & 2 fillings, which is Band 2 treatment and has a payment of £56.30. The NHS website states that:

'Band 2: £56.30 covers all treatment covered by Band 1, plus additional treatment, such as fillings, root canal treatment and removing teeth (extractions).'

So, am I right in thinking that I'll only have to pay an additional £35.70 to top up the initial payment (before they knew what I needed doing!) to a Band 2 payment?
 Yanis Nayu 19 Apr 2017
In reply to Bimble:

I think so, yes.
OP Bimble 19 Apr 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Cheers, I thought so but wasn't too sure. I forgot to ask when I was in there, but don't want to get ripped off upon my return, especially if doped up after the work has been done.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...