UKC

Absolutely brilliant!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ice Doctor 20 Apr 2017
Spend some time to look at this great web pages.

Cut and paste it on FB,

Then pass it on via facebook to everyone you know.

http://www.conservatives2017.com/

Lets do something.

( I had to make this OP today, just had to)
 broken spectre 20 Apr 2017
In reply to The Ice Doctor:

Very good. But in the interest of impartiality where is the spoof Labour web page?
In reply to The Ice Doctor:
Very well put together and frightening.
Can anyone explain to me why it is in the interests of the Tories to run down the NHS as they seem to wish to do? Is it that the private sector - mainly tory supporters - will step in and make a mint out of people's suffering? Or is there a darker side story that only the wealthy - Tory supporting - populus will be able to remain healthy, indeed alive? Or is there a totally different reason that casts a better light on them?
 Greasy Prusiks 20 Apr 2017
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

Basically tories reduce tax and reduce spending and labour increase tax and increase spending.

The Tories want to reduce spending on the NHS to free up money for a tax cut somewhere else.
 Timmd 20 Apr 2017
The NHS becoming privately run, matches the ideology of having a smaller state, and of the private market being the best approach to running everything. Conservative donors, as well as members of parliament too perhaps, also stand to make a killing from the privatisation of the NHS.

Edit: For a sense of balance, I'm sure there's people who don't see any conflict in their being involved in politics and making money from the privatisation of the NHS (as well as people who are knowingly being crafty/not having much integrity). People who think they're genuinely doing the right than and are in a place of good fortune to be able to profit from it.
Post edited at 21:09
 broken spectre 20 Apr 2017
In reply to Timmd:

make a killing from the privatisation of the NHS.

Indeed!

In reply to Greasy Prusiks:
OK thanks, I get that - but wonder if so, is there a down size limit that allows sufficient tax cuts yet retains a vestige of credibility in their claim to support the less fortunate in society?
 john arran 20 Apr 2017

After privatisation, instead of comfortably off people paying for health cover through 40% taxation, poor people will be expected to pay 40% or more of their own income just for personal health cover, while the percentage of rich people's income spent on healthcare will drop massively, even taking into account the fact that the whole thing would cost a lot more to run.
 Timmd 20 Apr 2017
In reply to john arran:

How can that be fair?
 Greasy Prusiks 20 Apr 2017

No problem.

That's the big question. The difficulty in choosing who to vote for comes down partly to the moral dilemma of how much support a state should offer. Everyone has a different answer for example the Scandinavian countries have much higher tax than us but much more support whilst the USA has low tax but very little free health care ect. You're the only one who can answer your question really.

The other thing to consider is that labours tax policy generally favours the lower incomes whilst the tories generally favours higher incomes.
 pec 20 Apr 2017

> Very well put together and frightening. >

Its only a spoof you know.

> Can anyone explain to me why it is in the interests of the Tories to run down the NHS as they seem to wish to do? etc etc >

You do know it was Labour who introduced substantial privatisation into the NHS?
https://www.opendemocracy.net/ournhs/kailash-chand/moment-of-honesty-is-req...
and their record when in office was hardly one of unblemished success, when the Guardian feels the need to write stuff like this
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/20/tory-beat-labour-nhs

You can find any number of articles from whatever political persuasion you wish, left and right, explaining how Labour introduced privatisation into the NHS.
Here's another from the self styled "liberal, progressive" New Statesman if you want more http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/03/how-labour-broke-nhs-and-why-l...
 RyanOsborne 20 Apr 2017
In reply to pec:

> , when the Guardian feels the need to write stuff like thishttps://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/20/tory-beat-labour-nhs

You realise that's the 'comment is free' section of the Guardian? The guy who wrote that worked for David Cameron.

pec 21 Apr 2017
In reply to RyanOsborne:

So what about the other links and any number of similar ones you can easily find? It remains the case that it was Labour who introduced privatisation into the NHS and once that rubicon has been crossed its much easier for others to take it further.
A bit like tuition fees, the Lib Dems get all the flak but it was labour who introduced them and again, once that line has been crossed its easier for any future government to raise them.
 RyanOsborne 21 Apr 2017
In reply to pec:
Well they're written by top healthcare pros, so I'd expect them to (rightly) try to criticise any government on lack of support for healthcare. You can find articles by the exact same authors slating today's government and call me Dave's government much more fiercely. Corbyn is the only one I'd trust with the NHS. Another 5 years of May and Hunt and I doubt it'll exist in any form worth saving (possibly their plan?)
Post edited at 08:20
 Timmd 21 Apr 2017
In reply to pec:
> So what about the other links and any number of similar ones you can easily find? It remains the case that it was Labour who introduced privatisation into the NHS and once that rubicon has been crossed its much easier for others to take it further.A bit like tuition fees, the Lib Dems get all the flak but it was labour who introduced them and again, once that line has been crossed its easier for any future government to raise them.

A member of the Labour government at the time has commented that they made mistakes to do with NHS reforms they made. I forget their name as I'm pretty bad with names.

The 'law of unintended consequences' possibly applies...
Post edited at 08:26
Jim C 21 Apr 2017

> Can anyone explain to me why it is in the interests of the Tories to run down the NHS as they seem to wish to do? Is it that the private sector - mainly tory supporters - will step in and make a mint out of people's suffering?

Well they already cut the funding for nurses training, and low and behold we did not have enough nurses!

The NHS then HAD to go to agencies and recruited from abroad ( at inflated prices) and we then hear that we are reliant on foreign workers in our health service. Well there is a surprise.

Solution , fund Nurses/ Doctors training properly, paid for from the huge sums being paid to private agencies.

deepsoup 21 Apr 2017
In reply to pec:
> It remains the case that it was Labour who introduced privatisation into the NHS and once that rubicon has been crossed its much easier for others to take it further.

Actually the dodgy PFI schemes that Gordon Brown was so enthusiastic about as chancellor were introduced under John Major. But the privatisation under Major, Blair and Brown was pretty small beer compared to what was to come.

But you're kinda right - that was why I voted Lib Dem in 2010. The Greens get nowhere in my constituency, seemed to me they were the only ones with any chance whose policy was not to privatise everything in sight.

Two years later what happens? The "Health and Social Care Act 2012". It wasn't in the Tory manifesto, there was nothing in the coalition agreement about it, and it ran completely against (what I thought were) the Lib Dems' core principles - but they supported it anyway. If the Tories win this time, the NHS as we know it will finally be gone - future historians asked for a specific date when the NHS was abolished will point to that moment in 2012.

jkarran 21 Apr 2017
In reply to Timmd:

> How can that be fair?

If you believe it is.

I don't for the sake of clarity.
jk
 Bob Kemp 21 Apr 2017
In reply to broken spectre:

> Very good. But in the interest of impartiality where is the spoof Labour web page?

Sadly not necessary these days...

wercat 21 Apr 2017
In reply to deepsoup:
you'll get anything with the next May government as the country will have voted for the National Interest and lots of horrid things will be rolled out thereunder under the advance of the Maykampfwagen.

I expect a campaign from her of utter ruthlessness and political brutality in disposing of the opposition and those habits learned in campaign will be carried forward for the next term

we'd better learn to enjoy her tanks being parked on our lawn
Post edited at 11:43
 elliott92 21 Apr 2017
In reply to RyanOsborne:

you trust corbyn? with anything other than picking his nose? strange kid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...