UKC

Otaki shrink

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
lcorcoran 27 Apr 2017
Very odd question. I have had some Otaki shoes for about three months. Went down a size and half which was originally quite tight but stretched nicely. Randomly though, they seem to have shrunk. Having worn them a few times a week, they are suddenly unbearable and tighter than when first purchased. Have gone extremely stiff and now leave hotspots across all my toes. Anyone else had this or have any advice? I'm a little confused as I can't even wear them now.
 1poundSOCKS 27 Apr 2017
In reply to lcorcoran:

> Anyone else had this

I've got 2 pairs, the men's and the women's, and not had this problem on either.
Removed User 27 Apr 2017
In reply to lcorcoran:

Has the weather been warmer where you are? Have you changed how you get to the climbs as in instead of driving have you walked? sometimes when my feet are a bit warmer than usual, they feel a bit tighter for about ten seconds but then go back to normal.

Mine didn't change and neither have my girlfriends.

Are you sure they are yours and you haven't accidentally picked someone else's up?
lcorcoran 28 Apr 2017
In reply to Removed UserTom Shields:

Nope. Pretty much everything is the same. Certainly mine as well. Very odd.
 John Aisthorpe 28 Apr 2017
In reply to lcorcoran:

I have heard people talk about climbing shoes "drying out", or shrinking a bit, if they have not been worn that much for a while, which apparently makes them a bit tighter and stiffer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...