UKC

DJI mavic pro...... You got one?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 06 May 2017
I've seen just about all the YouTube reviews I can handle, but a first-hand account would be much appreciated.

Anybody own one or flown one able to offer your views on this drone?
 rossowen 06 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

I've got one. It's fab - totally potable, easy to fly, fantastic range and being able to view the camera image in 1080p or 720p while in flight is great. I'm glad I got the flymore pack as the battery only lasts about 20 mins before you need to swap, so the extras come in handy.

The only downside is I think the cameras on the others (Phantom Pro etc) are better. The dynamic range could be better - when the sun is in shot on a clear sunny day it takes up the whole image. Maybe a filter would help with that but I haven't tried that yet
OP The Lemming 06 May 2017
In reply to rossowen:

Thanks for the advice, as I'm considering getting one.

I got a drone a couple of years ago but it was too big and too powerful and it worried me about the damage that it could have done. It probably had something to do with being a fully autonomous drone which, after I got mine, got stopped for export from the USA for its sophistication.

I just want a drone that can take good video and make flying as simple as possible for me.

Cheers
 rossowen 07 May 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

You won't be disappointed. It's so light and portable. I think it's something like 700 grams without the battery, so you can't cause too much damage. You can also set it to fly home if it loses RC signal. Make sure you check quidco or similar as you can get good cashback on them, about 5-10%.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...