UKC

Yosemite Facelift

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 timjones 11 May 2017
Good morning all

Having had to postpone my spring Yosemite trip due to family illness I am currently rebooked for late September/ early October.

I've just realised that this means that I will be in the Valley during this years Facelift, an unepxoected bonus as I have been considering attending this event for a few years now.

I'm sure that I have seen people mention that they attend they event and wonder if anyone could answer a few questions.

Does it impact on the availibility of camping, in particular at Camp 4?

Whilst I wish to take part in the Facelift I have a few climbing projects lined up that mean that I may not be able to commit to all of the days. How much commitment do they require in order to book camping throough the event itself?

Thanks

Tim
 Offwidth 11 May 2017
In reply to timjones:
Yes it affects Camp 4. However they offer free bookable camping for those directly involved. Commitment is as much as you can provide. We focussed on steep slopes below parking areas to clear a lot of trash quickly that others might struggle to get to. And climbed the other half of the day.

As for the evening events imagine if Kendal was only populated by keen climbers and its all free (except beer where they do good deals).

The whole thing is great fun and linked into archeology, the ranger service and local climbing activism.
Post edited at 12:00
 Pedro50 11 May 2017
In reply to timjones:

Did it about 10 years ago on a rest day. Free beer, then won a quiz prize and a raffle prize. All good.
OP timjones 11 May 2017
In reply to Offwidth:

Thanks for the reply.

I think I'll go ahead and book the camping and hope that if I'm suitably industrious whilst working they won't notice if I disappear for the odd day.
 alex_arthur 11 May 2017
In reply to timjones:

What dates are the facelift? Planning a trip around this time too.
OP timjones 11 May 2017
In reply to alex_arthur:

September 26th to October 1st.

http://www.yosemiteclimbing.org

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...