UKC

8-10 person teepee/pyramid/bell style tent?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mlt 25 May 2017
Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody can recommend a teepee/pyramid/bell style tent (either from a UK/Europe distributor, as I need it pretty fast). It needs to sleep 8-10 people (but in fact will be used as a mess tent). Floorless or a sewn-in groundsheet is fine. I've seen some of the ones made by "10T" (https://www.amazon.co.uk/10T-Mojave-400-8-person-pyramid/dp/B0083810FU/ref=... and although they look good, I've read in reviews that the fabric is unsurprisingly not very durable in the long run (i.e. 2 months continuous use). As it will be used mainly above 4000m most of the time, it's going to be battered by the UV... Ideally the weight needs to be not much more than 12kg (so canvas is out of the question...)

It seems hard to find anything that fits the specification, so any wisdom appreciated!

Thanks
 nniff 26 May 2017
In reply to mlt:

My experience suggests that anything of that size is a) not going to be cheap, and b) heavy, to stand up to the wind loading and general exposure to weather and UV, or c) a waste of money and useless.
 d_b 26 May 2017
In reply to Siward:

The robens 10 person offering is significantly less, but still not cheap: http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/robens-mohawk-tent-p400851

jezzah 26 May 2017
In reply to mlt:

What about a bell tent? They work fine. If you want to borrow one drop me a line.
Cheers
Jez

OP mlt 26 May 2017
In reply to mlt:

Thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated!

Jez - thanks for your offer to lend me a bell tent I wish I could take you up on it, but I need to buy one because it's going to be used for a few years, and in between seasons it'll be in storage in Tajikistan.
 jezzah 27 May 2017
In reply to mlt:

If you want to buy a second hand one drop me a line. I have one that I would happily part with. Otherwise enjoy camping in Tajikistan!

Cheers
Jez

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...