UKC

Audio experiment participant request - vouchers to be won

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tmwltn 26 May 2017
Hi all,

For my PhD I'm looking for participants for a study investigating how demographics, knowledge and attitudes influence how you experience music. For taking part you will be entered into a prize draw for one of five £20 Amazon vouchers.

The study involves a short five minute online questionnaire and two online listening sessions lasting approximately 15-20 minutes each - you can complete these in separate sessions and whenever suits you.

For more details check out the link below.

https://goo.gl/forms/I6CDA7bE0UgN6c4z1

Cheers,

Tim

krikoman 26 May 2017
In reply to timw1:

I'll have a go later, when I'm not so busy
 dunc56 26 May 2017
In reply to timw1:
What does binaural mean ?

And what is audio technology ?

Define your terms man !
Post edited at 12:44
 MonkeyPuzzle 26 May 2017
In reply to dunc56:
Binaural is when one of your ears is gay.
Post edited at 12:47
OP tmwltn 26 May 2017
In reply to dunc56:

If you are not sure what it means, the answer "I'm not sure" is probably the one you want

I'm sure you could make a good guess at what is classified as audio technology and what isn't. Drop me an email if you want further clarification.
 dunc56 26 May 2017
In reply to timw1:

> If you are not sure what it means, the answer "I'm not sure" is probably the one you want I'm sure you could make a good guess at what is classified as audio technology and what isn't. Drop me an email if you want further clarification.

Sorry life is just too short to deal with poor questionnaires.

Fail.
 timjones 26 May 2017
In reply to timw1:

> Hi all,For my PhD I'm looking for participants for a study investigating how demographics, knowledge and attitudes influence how you experience music. For taking part you will be entered into a prize draw for one of five £20 Amazon vouchers. The study involves a short five minute online questionnaire and two online listening sessions lasting approximately 15-20 minutes each - you can complete these in separate sessions and whenever suits you.For more details check out the link below. Cheers,Tim

Fix the level of education question to recognise the fact that for people of my age there was a whole level of education between 6th form and undergraduate degree and I'll have a go at getting to the second page.
OP tmwltn 26 May 2017
In reply to timjones:

Thanks for the comment. I would suggest picking the existing option that is the closest fit in your opinion.

Tim
 timjones 26 May 2017
In reply to timw1:

> Thanks for the comment. I would suggest picking the existing option that is the closest fit in your opinion.Tim

If it was an opinion I would but is there any value in a study that asks people to pick simple facts that are the closest to the truth?
OP tmwltn 26 May 2017
In reply to timjones:

Yes, I see your point however this particular question is not integral to the study - approximation to some extent is ok. As participants come from a range of countries and span a range of ages, having a list of educational levels that perfectly suits everyone is not always practical. I believe the current list is fine for the majority of those taking part in this study. Yes, I could add more options upon request however if these contain only a couple of participants, they will likely get grouped into one of the other answers for analysis anyway.
In reply to dunc56:

Pink Floyd's album The Final Cut was recorded using binaural techniques, if I remember correctly; as was Hawkwind's album Levitation. I think it involved microphones placed in a position related to the ears of a listener.

The Hawkwind album was a good listen on headphones but the Floyd album was pretty poor no matter which way you listened to it.

T.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...