UKC

Best way to Orpierre

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TommityP 29 May 2017
I'm planning a trip from Bristol to Orpierre with 6 people. I was hoping to do it cheaply and with less of a potential carbon footprint via train, coach or bus. I'm having real logistic problems though.
So far it looks like Train Bristol to London, London to Grenoble, Grenoble to Sisteron and then perhaps a bus Sisteron to Orpierre.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?
 earlsdonwhu 29 May 2017
In reply to TommityP:

Not wanting to be flippant, but why not just fly and pay to get some trees planted to balance your carbon impact?
OP TommityP 29 May 2017
Flying is an option, I'm still trying to find a cheap and logistically easy option
 earlsdonwhu 29 May 2017
In reply to TommityP:

It is a while since I was in Orpierre but I don't recall seeing any public bus service up there.
In reply to TommityP:

I've been to Laragne many times on paragliding trips and regularly flew over Orpierre or climbed there in the evenings.

You can get the TGV to Aix en Provence, (or fly to Marseille, then get a bus to Aix) then there are local trains that take you to Laragne or Saleon which is close, certainly an inexpensive taxi ride.
The other end of that train line is in Grenoble, but if travelling from there you'd need to change in Veynes. It's a very pretty train ride through the mountains.

How you get to Grenoble, Aix, or Marseille is perhaps a choice of bus/train/plane from UK.

Here are some ideas:
http://www.flylaragne.com/
OP TommityP 29 May 2017
In reply to richard_hopkins:

Thank you. I'll look into those options
In reply to TommityP:

Valence TGV if you are desperate, otherwise most sensible option IMHO would be to drive or train/rent. I can't imagine you would achieve your goals sensibly without a car/people carrier (economic for a party of six).
Valence to Orpierre 2½ hours and 150 clicks.
It's not CO2 anyway, I wouldn't feel guilty, go climb!
DC
OP TommityP 30 May 2017
In reply to TommityP:

Thank You

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...